cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

install SAP ERP 6.0 and Copy Local Client very long time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear !

My OS : Redhat Enterprise 5.4 64bit, RAM 20GB, Database memory set 4500 MB (sapinst), DB2 V9.1 FP 7

I have installed SAP ERP 6.0 ẼHP with DB2 V9.1 FP 7 but I have a several problem below :

Process installation very long time ( ~ 20h) but while Oracle 10G ~ 10h

and

Process copying local client very long time, > 20h (source client 001, target client 100, with profile SAP_CUST) but not completed and still in operation with DB2. But Oracle 10 G ~50 minutes

Please let me know the cause of this and help me tuning performance this problem

Thanks all

Edited by: myfriend280985 on May 16, 2010 5:52 AM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thansk for your reply

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all !

Please help me for this problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to currently stop the client copies in both the systems. Next run the database statistics for the both the system completely and after that you start the client copies and then see whats the status would be.

Regards,

Sharath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all !

I have two server and both have the same hardware configuration (Redhat Enterprise 5.4 64bit, RAM 20GB) and are installed ERP 6.0 EHP4 with (Database memory set 4500 MB (sapinst), DB2 V9.1 FP 7)

Server running slow in the threads above, temporarily called Server Development. Other server, temporarily called Server Test

I have done to copy local client in two server (Dev and Test)

Dev: source client 001, target client 100

Test : Source client 001, target client 400

By comparing via tcode SCC3, I have discovered something like the following:

Both server, I made the local client (with profile SAP_CUST) in the same time - I did not change any parameter in two server (the parameter is set to default), but in Server Test implementation copying in just 4 hours -> completed. While Server Development has run more than 20h but still running

Without any error occurs

I also stop and restart the Server Dev but still no improvement

In the Server Test, after successful copy client 400, I implemented the next copy client 500 (source client 001, target client 500) -> but i have had problems like Server Develop. Number of tables increase rapidly after run RUNSTAT Statistics Overview job and then slowly return

Note : after RUNSTAT Statistics Overviewr job, number of tables in tcode SCC3 -> increase rapidly :

ex : Tcode SCC3 -> monitor number of tables :1500 -> refresh -> 1501-> refresh-> 1502 ....-> DB13: run RUNSTAT statistics Overview .... -> Tcode SCC3 -> refresh -> 1800

Please help me diagnose and fix this problem

Thanks all

Edited by: myfriend280985 on May 16, 2010 6:59 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear !

So according to you, time of installation and time of copy client with DB2, which i have done, anything is unstable ?

or within the allowed limit ?

Thanks

Edited by: myfriend280985 on May 16, 2010 9:06 AM

Edited by: myfriend280985 on May 16, 2010 9:23 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all !

Could you tell me the cause of the difference between Oracle and DB2 in the time of installation and time of client copy. With Oracle, both action very fast and I did not change any parameter in particular (the parameter is set to default). As for DB2 very slow

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

All depend upon scenario to scenario and system to system as both of these has different architecture

But still you can find this document interesting

http://www.oracle.com/technology/deploy/performance/pdf/twp_perf_oracle%20database%2010gr2%20vs%20ib...

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

You may need to go for DB2 performance and tuning ,You can search for some notes as well.

Also have you set SAP memory parameters as well.

You need to check all performance related transactions like memory bottleneck , swaps etc

This link will help you

Regards,