cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

problem using external jars in my java component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I just wanted to ask how to properly reference an external jar to a java dc. I already have an external library dc which contains my external jars and also compilation and assembly public parts, a j2ee library which has the assembly public part of the external jars that is deployed to the server, a java dc which has the compilation public part of the external jar.

My problem is whenever I trigger a method of the java dc in my webdynpro dc I'm having an exception. weird thing is when I put the whole method from the java dc to the webdnypro dc it functions well. So I'm thinking if the interaction between my java dc and j2ee lib dc has to do with this maybe I'm missing some configuration.

need your insight on this one.

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

junwu
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

have you define the runtime dependency to the j2ee library dc?

Best regards,

John

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

yup I did and it worked when I put the code from plain java project to j2ee component, I don't know what caused the problem when I in a plain java project.

p330068
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi TznHuang,

Pleaserefer to this blog might helpful for you

/people/raphael.vogel/blog/2008/05/05/how-to-use-external-libraries-in-the-sap-component-model-part-ii

Also please build external DC and then sync sorurces and sync used DC from inactive DC TAB for DC where you have used

external DC.

Hope bit helps

Regards

Arun Jaiswal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arun,

I'm using Netweaver 7.0, I already did the steps given there except that instead of j2ee enterprise application I used j2ee server component library. I have no problems on design time its just that whenever I trigger a method of the utility dc to the webdynpro dc I'm having a runtime error.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you defined the required library reference in your Web Dynpro DC?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yup, but didn't worked.

I changed the utility from plain java project to j2ee component. problem solved

Thanks