cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Interface Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am getting the same error: and from the forums I came to know that we need to use the IDOC name in the Interface mapping.

I used the modified IDOC structure(External Definition) in mapping, but when I select the original interface in Interface mapping I am not able to get the message mapping name.

- <SAP:Error xmlns:SAP="http://sap.com/xi/XI/Message/30" xmlns:SOAP="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" SOAP:mustUnderstand="">

<SAP:Category>XIAdapter</SAP:Category>

<SAP:Code area="IDOC_ADAPTER">ATTRIBUTE_WRONG_INTF</SAP:Code>

<SAP:P1>MI_IDOC_IA</SAP:P1>

<SAP:P2 />

<SAP:P3 />

<SAP:P4 />

<SAP:AdditionalText />

<SAP:ApplicationFaultMessage namespace="" />

<SAP:Stack>Unable to interpret IDoc interface MI_IDOC_IA</SAP:Stack>

<SAP:Retry>M</SAP:Retry>

</SAP:Error>

please provide me some hint.

regards,

sri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Re-designed the same, it worked. Thanks!!

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change

make sure your config is as per the blog

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayakumar,

Thats what the same scenario, but I am unable to see my Interface mapping in the Interface determination. Could you please guide me.

regards,

sri.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

confirm the below;

1. Used External definition in mapping

2. used the original IDoc in the interface mapping / operation mapping

3. in the interface determination, the outbound and inbound interfaces are exactly same as what is there in the interface/operation mapping.

4. is the CPA cache upto date?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijayakumar,

I followed the same steps again as u mentioned, but still I had this problem in the config. part for the interface determination not able to see my mapping interface.

regards,

sri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srikanth,

Use Original IDOC

In Operation Mapping Or interface mapping

and

inthe configuration part also you need to specify the Original IDOC Only(for Eg: ORDERS.OERDER03)

Note : For Message Mapping you can use the IDOC as External defination.

regards,

Praveen Kalwa

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

can u check if ur swcv & product is properly assigned to the business systems you r using in this interface to get ur list of interface mapping.

Reg,

NJ

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In order to get the mesage mapping listed for the interface mapping you need to use the same messages used at the mesage mapping levels...

i.e use the ED as the target message interface in interface mapping too....

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

I used the modified IDOC structure(External Definition) in mapping,
 but when I select the original interface in Interface mapping I am not able 
to get the message mapping name

Are you following the steps as mentioned in the blog /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/12/04/xi-idoc-bundling--the-trick-with-the-occurance-change or SAP note 814393

Are you creating any separate Message interface after creating the External Definition?Pls don't create any separate interface.

just export the XSD of the IDOC and change the occurrence (dont save ED with any other name ,keep the same IDOC name)

now in message mapping import the XSD you save earlier. and do the mapping.

In Interface mapping and in the ID configuration use the imported IDOC name only

Regards,

Srinivas

Edited by: Srinivas on May 15, 2010 10:15 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I changed the definition(occurances) of reciever IDOC and saved in my External definition, mapping was done using this new ED.

While creating new IntMapping, I went with the original IDOC name but I failed to get the mapping name.

regards,

sri.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sri,

While selecting the source and target interface in Interface mapping, can you please try giving "any" option for source or target instead of choosing the exact IDOC structure name.

Does it list out your mapping..if yes select the same and proceed.

Regards,

Srinivas

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi srikanth,

Use the external definition only in message mapping as receiver, In interface mapping use the actual idoc structure which u can see in imported objects as receiver interface ( i belive multiple idoc is receiver here)

Regards,

Balaji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

I selected the 'any' in the Interface mapping. But in configuration I am not getting the Interface mapping name in the list.

regards,

sri