cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion Flag in APO Loc-Prod

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I was trying to set deletion flag = X in MASSD for location dependent products in APO. I then ran DELETE_PRODUCTS but the program in dialog does not seem to run..and in background finshes in 2 sec with no job log. I still see the location products that I was attempting to delete.

The only clue I have is the Location concerned does not have location ID. Final objective is to delete locations. Other dependent TX data is deleted. CCR / OM17 and other re-org reports are run. Relevant CIF models are deactivated before all this.

if you could give some pointers.

Regards,

Loknath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

Since your final objective is to delete locations, please proceed as below:

The general prerequisites for the deletion of master data apply here for locations also.

Please chcj that you have eliminated any still-existent dependencies involving this location.

Possible dependent objects include ATP assignments or a product, model, or resource assignment, for example.

For more information, refer to SAP Note 572579.

To clarify existing dependencies, you can generate a where-used list for the location that is to be deleted.

You are saying that deletion of the location products job does give any spool log.

Since you are saying, that your location does not have location id, please check database table /sapapo/locmap, if internal ID is seen in the table.

Since you have done OM17 consistency checks, any inconsistencies should hev been removed.

Before marking a location for deletionm, pleasse check, with where-used function, dependicies.

Hope this works.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Datta,

Thanks for the reply. Infact I did also the pre-requisite activities and checked and rechecked. This question was more to do with why I could not delete location productions after setting a deletion flag in MASSD for locatioin dependent deletion flag and then executing DELETE_PRODUCTS with the location with products I wanted to delete.

So painstakingly without wasting time I deleted 200 odd products one by one from MAT1 > set deletion flag to location product and I could delete all the loc products.

and finally the location too with some checks and deactivations and reactivations of some redundant integrations models.

but yes. Deleting master data is a real pain. Unfortunately there is no Master Data reconcialiaton program (except for things like PDS etc) the way we have some trasaction data.

WUF could not find the location because it was trying to find the LOCID which I deleted to begin with from LOCMAP. else things would have been much faster.

My problem is resolved now. Thanks for the help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Loknath,

For future reference, you can mass delete large numbers of Product-Locations directly from within WUF. I don't use it when I have to delete 10s of thousands of records (I get a 'paging' short dump), but for small qtys (like 200) it works fine.

Rgds,

DB49

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

tim_fennell
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Regarding your initial post and your inability to see why the locations were not deleted. The transaction does provide logging that can be viewed via the /sapapo/c3. I don't remember the exact object ID but specify a narrow time period just specify "*" for object, subobject and external ID.