cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Planning

Former Member
0 Kudos

In mill industry, Is it possible to use block planning without CDP? Though we have configurable products, will it be good idea to use normal GATP.

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In block planning, we define blocks on a resource that have a specific duration and attributes, for example, a duration of 2 days per block on which we manufacture products in various shades.

The attributes are described using characteristics from the SAP system.

Therefore I doubt if you can do block planning without CDP.

Block Planning is the planning or pre-assignment of resource capacities for products with specific attributes, with the purpose of using the capacities more rationally. Whether normal GATP will serve your purpose is a different aspect. However GATP functionlity is different and as explained block planning objetive is different.

However if you want to proceed with block planning, then to me, CDP is required.

Please also refer to OSS note 1406424 Implementation recommendations for APO 7.0 PPDS just to refresh SAP recommendations.

Hope this gives you insight.

Regards

Datta

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everybody. I understand CDP's dependency on resource and product classification.

We have two step GATP check process during sale order entry in R/3, step 1- check customer allocations in first planning book and Step 2- Check production allocations in second planning book. We had CTP , but somehow didnt work good and we turned that off.

Qn: Can I use back order processing while only allocations check is happening( No stock check and No capacity check)? If yes, then do I need to activate BOP in active version only or any other settings are also required. I am not sure whether BOP will work in absence of product availability check.

One more query; Is it possible to extract entire /SAPAPO/AC42 data using any BAPI or FM or any other way?

Thank you very much for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you everybody.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

No, You cannot run block planning without CDP.

how will the PPDS hueristic come to know which order falls into which block without characterstic information.

If you can see in the resource master you even cannot define a Block without a CDP class class attached to it..

Regards

Vaibhav Sareen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Both CDP and block planning are interrelated and both uses characteristics

dependent planning. Hence, it is not recommended to use block planning

with CDP.

Moreover, GATP will not serve this functionality.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.