cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting Inbound EDI 940 in SAP system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I need to map the below scenario in sap. Did any one of you has experienced this scenario and if so please help me here.

Scenario : We manage the warehouse of a Company. This company will receive a PO from their customer, create a sales order and Delivery . Once the delivery is created, then it will send us the ship notice ( EDI 940 ) . we should do the assembly, packing and finally ship the products to the customer and once the GOods issue is done at the warehouse then we send the ship confirmation notice to the company. based on the ship notice they invoice the customer .

So we are not bothered about the company side .. When the company send us the ship notice ( EDi 940) we should do the rest and send a ship confirmation.

can any one of u help in finding a solution and mapping this sceanrio in sap.

I saw there is standard message type WHSORd but i am not sure what this message type is doing ..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

EDI 940 will be a the message from the Company to your warehouse. Your mapping really depends on how exactly the goods are shipped from your warehouse. As you have mentioned, after receiving the EDI 940 assembly is done and then the goods are shipped to customer. As of now what kind of document is generated in your system to do the assembly? How is communicated to the worker to do the assembly? Once you have the answer to that question you need to map the inbound EDI 940 message to create the same document using available message types in SAP. e.g. if you are creating a sales order in your system to confirm the inventory and then ship it using delivery, you need to map the 940 to message type ORDERS which will create a sales order in your system.

Regards,

Sachin