cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help: Master Pages: Move following fields upwards when field is hidden.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have a bugging issue for which nothing seems to work.

In the master data pages I have the following:

Subform1
    Field1
    Field2
    Field3

If Field2 is hidden I need to show:

Subform1
    Field1
    Field3

Subform1 is set as Flowed Top to Bottom.

Field2 has code in Form:Ready:

if ( Field2.rawValue == null || Field2.rawValue == "" ) {
    Field2.presence = "hidden";
}

The above subform works perfectly IFF it is located inside the content area in the Design View page, but doesn't work if located in the Master Pages.

Do you guys have any solution to this?

Thanks,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try writing it in Initialise event of the subform. I think it should work.

But not sure of the remaining fields moving up as this is a master page.

Thanks & Regards,

Omkar Mirvankar.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Well, my idea worked partially. Using two overlapping subforms and show/hide whichever you want. However, I was not able to hide static texts in the hidden subform.

Instead, I just used the address field created in the Context area. This seems to create and format the address correctly.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer guys.

However, I still can't get it to work.

@ Omkar Mirvankar

I tried in the initialize, but it doesn't shift up the cells.

@ Poojith M V

The data that I need to format this way is the customer address and it needs to be on the top of every page. I don't think there is a way to repeat the data on every page unless it is on the master page.

@ Otto Gold

1. Done, but this doesn't seem to work in master pages.

2. For some reason I can't get the app.a-l-e-r-t (without the -) to work. Still searching for a full example that shows this.

3. Yes I am using the lc_designer_scripting_basics.pdf, but there isn't much there that can help in my case.

4. Hmm, this sounds like a good idea to try. Although I am also using the preview with sample data gotten from the trace.

-

This issue is to display the customer address formatted to US/Canada standards. Our client doesn't use BAS so FM 'ADDRESS_INTO_PRINTFORMS' or 'CUSTOMER_ADDRESS_TO_ITF' doesn't work.

The customer address can be either a normal address or a PO Box. So, what I need to do, is show or hide the PO Box and shift up the following cells.

I am thinking of just including twice the customer address and overlap the two subforms showing only one or the other if POBox exists or not.

I will update if that works.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For some reason I can't get the app.a-l-e-r-t (without the -) to work. Still searching for a full example that shows this.

Works like this: app.ale-rt("Your message here"); or app.ale-rt(this.rawValue) for variable. Try to make this work, this is the best way of debugging. Example of use: Sometimes (strange behavior occurs) you don´t know if the script roks ok. If a syntactic error happens, sometimes the script shuts down silently (stops working on the error line) and you don´t know why the rest of the script is not reached/ clearly ok code is not executed etc. Then use this app.ale-rt to check if the code is reached (if you can see the message box, then the code was executed). Maybe a stupid example but very useful for me. I just wanted to share.

Looks like I will have to write the blog on Adobe forms debugging:))

Regards, Otto

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

just to add some important details:

1) to make this work, you have to set your subform to use content: flowed (so the machine can understand where it should move the content when a part is made hidden)

2) to debug the scripting, the best thing ever is to use the message box app.a-l-e-r-t (without the - of course)

3) did you read the scripting guides?:

http://www.adobe.com/devnet/livecycle/articles/lc_designer_scripting_basics/lc_designer_scripting_ba...

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/livecycle/es/FormCalc.pdf

4) to be more flexible with the changes of scripting, I usually generate the form (to get the PDF, save on desktop), open your LCD from the program files and work with the form outside SAP, that speeds up things a lot.

Regards Otto

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think this is possible if it is in a master page. try doing this in a separate body page.

Regards,

Poojith MV