cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFC Adapter not getting data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts!

I am developing a RFC to File scenario on PI 7.1 EHP1 and ECC 6.0 which is synchronous. Following the Help page Setting Up an RFC Destination for the RFC Adapter I created two destinations. The fist one is a TCP/IP, name RFCDE1COMPANY2, program id BAPI_COMPANY_GETLIST and corresponding gateway host and service I found at SMGW (Parameters). The second one is a Logical with name RFCDE1and reference entry RFCDE1COMPANY2.

At my RFC Sender Adapter I configured the same gateway info and the same program id. After that I tested both destinations and it worked. I created the following report to call the bapi on that destinations::

REPORT  ZREP_BAPI_COMPANY_GETLIST.

DATA: company_list TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF BAPI0014_1.

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_COMPANY_GETLIST'
  IN BACKGROUND TASK
  DESTINATION 'RFCDE1'
  TABLES
     COMPANY_LIST = company_list.

COMMIT WORK.

At SXMB_MONI the request message was processed and the output file generated, but it has only the root tag. At moni the inbound message has no data (company data).

I tested the BAPI_COMPANY_GETLIST at SE37 and there are 149 entries. When I executed this same BAPI with RFC target sys configured to my destination, it didn´t show any data and has an exception called SYSTEM_FAILURE. I think probably the error is on RFC destinations but I can´t figure it out what is wrong.

Best Regards,

Gabriela

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am developing a RFC to File scenario on PI 7.1 EHP1 and ECC 6.0 which is synchronous. - This is Asynchronous process not Synchronous.

RFC ->To->File - this is Async (Sync mean if you are expecting any response from target receiver then Sync)

Create one more ZBAPI_GET_LIST and this BAPI should have only TABLE paramters no Import/Export parameters.

first get the data using BAPI_COMPANY_GETLIST check this bapi is giving multiple enteries to the internal table that Internal table data you need to pass into ZBAPI_GET_LIST . (this BAPI you need to import into PI)

REPORT ZREP_BAPI_COMPANY_GETLIST.

DATA: company_list TYPE STANDARD TABLE OF BAPI0014_1.

CALL FUNCTION 'BAPI_COMPANY_GETLIST'

TABLES

CALL FUNCTION 'ZBAPI_GET_LIST'

IN BACKGROUND TASK

DESTINATION 'RFCDE1'

TABLES

COMMIT WORK.

then you will get more line item to SXMB_MONI then it will map into FIle.

Regards,

Venu.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you sender adapter QualityOfserver - EO

while creating ZBAPI that should have only ZTABLES parameters and this ZTABLES you can refer what ever structure you are using BAPI_COMPANY_GETLIST Tables parameter.

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> Create one more ZBAPI_GET_LIST and this BAPI should have only TABLE paramters no Import/Export parameters.

Instead of using ZBAPI, I recommend rcreating an outbound async proxy for this scenario with same structure as BAPI.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

Thank you all for your quick response.

At the TCP/IP Destination there is a button "Unicode Test", according to this test my target system is unicode (character size 2). I changed the option at MDPM&Unicode on that TCP/IP Destination like Madhusudana described. I also selected the checkbutton "Unicode" on sender RFC communication channel.

About the sync/async, I will not use sync async bridge because this scenario can be async. One think that I realized is that when I call my report, I am implicitly calling PI asynchronously and when I call the BAPI directly by the test tool, I am implicitly calling PI synchronously. That is why most part of my tests did not work before.

Now I can see on SXMB_MONI that the scenario worked and the file was generated. But the data are still not being showed on inbound payload. I think something is wrong with my destinations but I can´t figure it out what is.

Ps.: I would prefer to use XI proxies, but this scenario will be configured (not now) on a XI 3.0 with ERP 4.6 C. Now I´m just learning how to handle with RFC Adapter.

Any ideia?

(Points granted)

Thank you and best regards,

Gabriela

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you used the ABAP code provided by Venugopalarao?

If you do not fill the table structure before you call the BAPI, the structure is emtpy.

Is this not obvious?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I used the report described by Venugopalarao and it worked! What is not obvious to me is why the ZBAPI_GET_LIST have to have empty source code. That is why I hadn´t used Venugopalarao code. But now it make sense that this ZBAPI only contains data on it´s table, nothing more.

Thank you all and best regards,

Gabriela

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Gabriela,

Any way for this Synchronous RFC to File you can use Sync-Async bridge to make it work.

But in this case you are telling that even data is not coming from RFC to SXMB_MONI and only root node is appearing in Inbound message. Please check whether your source system is UNICODE, if it is unicode then select Unicode option in source system. goto SM59>click on your TCPIP connection-> goto MDMP&Unicode tab--> select Unicode radiobutton

thanks,

madhu