cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inputfield as Table Cell Editor - Row not selected

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a table where various columns use input fields as table cell editors.

When I click in the input field for a cell, it's row is properly selected. However, if I click drag the value in an input field, it highlights the input fields value and allows me to change it, BUT it does not select the row. This causes some obvious issues in the UI.

Any ideas how to resolve this issue?

Best Regards.

EDIT: I have also discovered that once I am in an input field editor, if I press the up or down arrow keys, it will go up or down to the appropriate cell in the adjoining row, but does not select the row either.

Edited by: Tom Cole on May 17, 2010 3:01 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this u can use cell variants in table cells like table standard cell with text view and table single markable cell with input field.

regards,

surya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This seems a little backwards from my actual issue. I am not looking for a way to select a single cell in a table, I am looking for a way NOT to select a single cell in a table.

When I simply click on an input field in a table cell, it first selects the row in the table (which is what I want) and then it highlights the selected input field.

However if I navigate to a input field in a cell using the arrow keys, OR I click and drag a value in an input field in a cell, it selects the input field, but not the table row. This is not what we want to happen. I would like the table row to still be selected.

I hope that makes sense.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I ended up having to put events on the fields and use action mapping to get the row (nodeElement).

Thanks.