cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrade EA-GLTRADE Component

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm trying to upgrade EA-GLTRADE component on our ECC 6.0 It is a 64-bit NW701 based

Currently EA-GLTRADE is on 600 and needs to be upgraded to 604 in order to activate a Business Function Set.

Here is a list of few current components and their release in our ECC 6.0

SAP_ABA 701

SAP_Basis 701

PI_Basis 701

ST-PI 701

SAP_BS_FND 701

SAP_APPL 604

SAP_HR 600

EA-IPPE 404

EA-APPL 604

EA-DFPS 600

EA-FINSERV 604

EA-PS 604

EA-RETAIL 604

FINBASIS 604

SCMEWM 700

SCM_Basis 700

FI-CA 604

Fi-CAX 604

INSURANCE 600

IS-CWM 600

How would I upgrade EA-GLTRADE to 604 from 600. Should I be using Ehp Installer or should I be using SAINT. I tried using SolMan for picking up the stack but it is asking me to upgrade pretty much all the components. If I have to upgrade all the components will I be using Ehp Installer? I'm not clear wether to use SAINT or Ehp Installer. Need help.

Thankyou.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nitin,

As told you in your previous post, you can upgrade EA-GLTRADE component with SAINT only. There is no need to use EHPI tool.

Also, I tried same thing in my solution manager. I am only getting component of EA-GLTRADE only. You can do one thing while you are selecting technical usage, select Global Trade only and don't select Central Component and other usage which are on 604 level in your system. By this way you will get only EA-GLTRADE package.

Try this and let us know the result.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can I install EA-GLTRADE 604 sp 001 directly with SAINT. Generally with other new installations like Vistex I installed sp 000 and then installed 001, 002...Here with EA-GLTRADE I don't see sp 000 on the service marketplace? Also I can directly install 604 without installing 603 right, because SolMan also downloaded 603 as well

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone please give your inputs on this issue?

former_member227283
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

As said by sunny you have to select global trade option.

You cannot apply 604 directly , you solution manager it self provide you the 603 and 604 patch level to you which you need to apply through saint.

Also while applying through saint , it will ask you XML file .

Solution manager will generate this xml file, which you have provide will applying the file thorugh saint.

You don't have to worry much, becuase solution manager will help you to get all the patches which are required to be applied.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Solution manager did not generate the xml file. I checked in the directory dir/eps/in. how should I make SolMan to generate xml file?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

Once you select usage type EA-GLTRADE and continue with it and in last when you will confirm the patches in download basket then it will give you stack xml file in EPS/in of solution manager.

For More information, check SAP Note 1134872 - Maintenance Optimizer FAQ for Stack Delta Files

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I checked the note 1134872. We are on ST 400 level 20. So I guess the note does not apply. Any help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also when I try to install EA-GLTRADE 603, it says that I have to install SAP_APPL 603. But SAP_APPL is already on 604.? Any help gents?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny,

Our dev solution manager is not configured for SLM. Does has to do anything with generation of XML stack file? Also I keep selecting only Global Retail which is the technical usage for EA-GLTRADE, but on the selection of stack dependence page the solman selects automatically other technical usages( in Red). Even if I manually deselect all, which I should probably not do, the consistency check of the stack reports that the stack is not consistent. Any help?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Sunny for your help. I needed to activate a BFS in our ECC system which required the component EA-GLTRADE to be on 603. Since it was only 603 that was needed I used SAINT and it worked perfectly. I had to export the xml file from the solution manager via t-code /n/tmwflow/mopz_stack. For some reason it was not set to the EPS/in directory. The RFC are all working. Well I'm glad that the issue is now resolved. Thanks for you help and patience in this regard.

Answers (0)