cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RAR and CUP connector question/issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set up the VIRSAXSR3_01_METADATA and VIRSAXSR3_01_MODEL connectors in Content Administrator,and they work and are tested ok.

In RAR, I go to connectors and under connection type, I choose Adaptive RFC, and then the JCo connection drop down populates with my connector. It works out properly.

In CUP, I go in to create the connector, and the drop down has SAP, SAP EP and more. I choose SAP, and then select the same MODEL connector from above. After entering all the info, I save it, and it says:

Name (System ID) is required to be less than or equal to 10 characters in order to use RAR with CUP

To address this, I tried to create a new connector in Content Administrator that's a copy of the VIRSAXSR3_01_METADATA and VIRSAXSR3_01_MODEL connectors. I called it something shorter, e.g. ECS150.

This connector is available in CUP for use, but not in RAR.

How do I go about getting this resolved?

Thanks,

Santosh

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Santosh,

"System" name (Ex: DEVCLNT100) should be same in the connector of each capability (CUP, RAR, SPM, ERM) of Access Control inorder to integrate them each other.

In your scenario, you have to use the same "System" (Ex: DEVCLNT100) used in connector of RAR, rather than searching them in CUP.

Once the same "System" defined, provide other parameters of "Connector" in CUP.

Please refer to "Defining Connectors for SAP" on page 97 of Configuration Guide.

Best Regards,

Sirish Gullapalli.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Santosh,

You have 2 options to resolve this.

1) Most common approach: Create connector in RAR by choosing 'Adaptive RFC' as the connection type and provide 'ECS150' in System field. Make sure to select the JCo destinations which came pre-delivered with the product. RAR does not allow you to create your own JCo destinations. Now, create a regular connector in CUP (do not select the JCo destination which you selected in RAR) by providing all the system information. in CUP, provide 'ECS150' in the name field.

2) Dump the JCo destinations approach: Create connector in RAR by choosing 'SAPJCO' as the connection type and provide 'ECS150' in System field. Now, create a regular connector in CUP (do not select any JCo destination) by providing all the system information. in CUP, provide 'ECS150' in the name field.

Believe me when I say this: 'I have been implementing CUP for more than 5 years but I have never used JCo destinations in CUP (by clicking on search icon) and I really don't know why it is even available to select when we can not use it.

Regards,

Alpesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Alpesh,

Thanks. I think the mistake that I was making was to select SLD or one of the other settings in the CUP connector creation screen. I just tried the creation of the connector once again, and the only thing I didn't do this time is to select SLD, and it accepted all my values and the name as I had entered it, and it saved and tested properly.

Thanks,

Santosh

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

It works as Alpesh has described.