cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with jlaunch process - high CPU consumption

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have created an OSS Message concerning this problem and SAP identified two problematic threads. I would appreciate any assistance you could provide. Thank you. Steve Baker

The only problematic threads are:

"SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_12" (TID:0x700000010896A00,

sys_thread_t:0x1160EBCC0, state:MW, native ID:0x1C1E) prio=5

at org.apache.xml.utils.SuballocatedIntVector.setElementAt(SuballocatedIntVector.java(Compiled Code))

at org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.dom2dtm.DOM2DTM.addNode(DOM2DTM.java(Compiled

Code))

at org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.dom2dtm.DOM2DTM.nextNode(DOM2DTM.java(CompiledCode))

at org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.dom2dtm.DOM2DTM.getHandleFromNode(DOM2DTM.java(Compiled Code))

at org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.dom2dtm.DOM2DTM.getHandleOfNode(DOM2DTM.java(Compiled Code))

at org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getDTMHandleFromNode(DTMManagerDefault.java(Compiled Code))

at org.apache.xpath.XPathContext.getDTMHandleFromNode(XPathContext.java(Compiled Code))

at org.apache.xpath.XPathAPI.eval(XPathAPI.java(Compiled Code))

at org.apache.xpath.XPathAPI.selectNodeIterator(XPathAPI.java(Compiled

Code))

at org.apache.xpath.XPathAPI.selectSingleNode(XPathAPI.java(Compiled

Code))

Code))

at com.openHR.OpenHR.xmlSelectSingleNode(OpenHR.java(Compiled Code))

at jsp_TimeMPlanning1148393680219.sortNodeList(jsp_TimeMPlanning1148393680219.java(Compiled Code))

at jsp_TimeMPlanning1148393680219._jspService(jsp_TimeMPlanning1148393680219.java:260)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.servlet.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:541)

and

"SAPEngine_Application_Thread[impl:3]_9" (TID:0x700000010896C28,

sys_thread_t:0x1155918C0, state:MW, native ID:0x191B) prio=5

at org.apache.xml.utils.SuballocatedIntVector.setElementAt(SuballocatedIntVector.java(Compiled Code))

at org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.dom2dtm.DOM2DTM.addNode(DOM2DTM.java(Compiled

Code))

at org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.dom2dtm.DOM2DTM.nextNode(DOM2DTM.java(CompiledCode))

at org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.dom2dtm.DOM2DTM.getHandleFromNode(DOM2DTM.java(Compiled Code))

at org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.dom2dtm.DOM2DTM.getHandleOfNode(DOM2DTM.java(Compiled Code))

at org.apache.xml.dtm.ref.DTMManagerDefault.getDTMHandleFromNode(DTMManagerDefault.java(Compiled Code))

at org.apache.xpath.XPathContext.getDTMHandleFromNode(XPathContext.java(Compiled Code))

at org.apache.xpath.XPathAPI.eval(XPathAPI.java(Compiled Code))

at org.apache.xpath.XPathAPI.selectNodeIterator(XPathAPI.java(Compiled

Code))

Code))

Code))

at jsp_TimeMPlanning1148393680219.sortNodeList(jsp_TimeMPlanning1148393680219.java(Compiled Code))

at jsp_TimeMPlanning1148393680219._jspService(jsp_TimeMPlanning1148393680219.java:260)

at com.sap.engine.services.servlets_jsp.server.servlet.JSPServlet.service(JSPServlet.java:541)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member197561
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Steve,

I have checked the implementation under

http://grepcode.com/file/repo1.maven.org/maven2/xalan/xalan/2.7.1/org/apache/xml/utils/SuballocatedI...

and it seems to me that neither the class , or the method is "synchronized".

Based on my previous experience you are facing there an endless loop due to corrupted pointers in the "setElementAt" method. Same issue happens in java.util.Hashmap and other similar unprotected  for concurrent "put/add" classes.

I would recomment to think how to protect the "setElementAt" that you do not fall into this issue or address to the provideer of the code for solution.

Best Regards,

Sylvia

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Steve, I have a long term contract for a SAP Netweaver administrator to start immediately in Brussels. Would you be available and interrested?

Thanks for your feedback.

Alban

kohlerm
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

From your stack trace it seems to me that this is a problem in a custom jsp not developed by SAP :

Code))

It seems to do some heavy work on an xml document using the xpath api.

Regards,

Markus