cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deficit of BA stock in Quality Inspection

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a situation that's a bit complicated. I hope I don't confuse anyone. I'm trying to do a UD for an item, but I'm getting a Deficit of BA stock in quality inspection.

We purchased 200,000 of an item and a GR was done. This was done during inventory, the item was physically counted and someone made an error in the count. At that point an inventory adjustment transaction was done deducting 151,000 from inventory, leaving 49,000. I believe that somewhere in this mess someone cancelled the material document that was created when the 200,000 was received in the first time, so technically, the 49,000 doesn't really exist in the system.

Later that day, when it was discovered that the physical count was entered incorrectly, the inventory adjustment transaction was also reversed.

As a result of the above we now have two inspection lots hung up in QI, one for 151,000 and one for 49,000, and we can't seem to get rid of them.

When we attempt to do a usage decision we get the following error message:

"49,000 EA incorrect posting to block stock, error msg:

Deficit of BA stock in qual. insp 49,000 ea:"

BTW, none of these quantities (The 49,000 or 151,000) shows up in MMBE. We've tried posting the stock in QA32, but of course it doesn't exist. What are we missing?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If all quantity is canceled / reversed, system will not allow you to post stock as there is no stock available. Pl check status of those insp lot, If the status is LTCA you don't need to do anything. If you don't want to see these canceled lots then apply selection profile ( if not there then you have to make the same) and make the field gray and save variant.

By doing this you can hide canceled lots. pl note that you can't remove the insp lots from system once created, the status of that lot can be changed.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shekhar,

The system status is: REL CALC SPRQ. I agree with you that the stock cannot be posted because it doesn't exist. Excuse my lack of knowledge, I'm knew at this and I have never done a selection profile, how is it done?

Thanks for your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Xamaica,

If lot status is ' REL CALC SPRQ' that means this lot is not canceled, you should be able to post. If the lot status would have been LTCA then selection profile will help you in filtering canceled lots.

please give inputs on following:

We purchased 200,000 of an item and a GR was done.

Have you posted the stock of 2 lacks to unrestricted and then later inventory was done ?

This was done during inventory, the item was physically counted and someone made an error in the count. At that point an inventory adjustment transaction was done deducting 151,000 from inventory, leaving 49,000.

Since system allowed you to do inventory that means stock of 2 lacks was available that time in unrestricted.

I believe that somewhere in this mess someone cancelled the material document that was created when the 200,000 was received in the first time, so technically, the 49,000 doesn't really exist in the system.

If inventory is done and only 49000 stock is remaining, document can't be canceled, may be somebody must have again done inventory and removed that 49000 also.

Later that day, when it was discovered that the physical count was entered incorrectly, the inventory adjustment transaction was also reversed.

As a result of the above we now have two inspection lots hung up in QI, one for 151,000 and one for 49,000, and we can't seem to get rid of them.

I still believe that the status can't be REL CALC SPRQ, one more thing, you said you purchases 200,000 then how you get two lots of 151000 and 49000? what insp type is activated please confirm?

If stocks are not available then you should Block the lot as nothing is required from this lot.

If status is 'REL CALC SPRQ' then go to MIGO and cancel that document strait away.

Pl check and revert.

Best Regards,

Shekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shekhar,

The last suggestion worked, I cancelled the last document generated and was able to correct the problem.

Thanks, you were a great help!!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you elaborate the Tcodes you used to do the whole process? And what is the insp. type?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Swarnali_D,

On the smaller quantiy, the Inspection type is 01 and the larger quantity is 05. The initial Tcode used was MIGO, to receive the items and they went directly into quality inspection.

Then, MIO7 was used twice to adjust physical inventory, and MIGO was used again to cancel the previous goods receipt.

Thanks for your help.

Xamaica