cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

send mail to sap office and outlook at same time

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guru,

Is it possible to send a mail from workflow to sap office and outlook at the same time?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No you can do with one.

You have to do this configuration.

Go to SO16-> Mail Sy Grp->Select Send to home addresses of users

Use

The messages that are sent to users in this SAP System are forwarded to the users' home addresses. The home address of a user can be the Internet address of their mailbox in an external mail system (for example, Microsoft Outlook or Lotus Notes).

Dependencies

The home address of each user is specified in the address management for every communication method used. In the case of a mail system group, only the home address that is specified for the standard communication method of a user is of importance. The messages are forwarded to this address.

You have to reset the address buffer on the tab page Adressing in order for address changes to become effective directly.

Thanks

Arghadip

former_member184495
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AK,

thats new to me, one query, is it that this setting would send only email messages?

can workitems also be sent using this setting? (which I presume would not, as we have SWNCONFIG and RSWUWFML2 for this).

Am I right?

Aditya

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

No, SO16 only affects emails.

By the way, SWNCONFIG and RSWUWFML2 also only send emails.

regards

Rick Bakker

Hanabi Technology

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oops, I remembered that if you set up the automatic forwarding in SO16, the sap mails will not appear in business workplace anymore...

Regards,

Karri

Neslinn
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Karri,

As per my understanding this should be fine. It will keep the workitem in bussiness workplace also. We have this maintained in our production system and working fine.

Thanks,

Neslin.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>It will keep the workitem in bussiness workplace also.

Work item? We were speaking about the sap office mails.

Regards,

Karri

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes. You need two email sending steps in your workflow. One will send to the SAP office and one to external email.

Regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karri,

you wrote that we have to use to eMail steps. One for internal mails and one for external mails.

How have I to define the eMail step to send mails to an external adress?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Just like it was already mentioned in this thread:

Go to SO16-> Mail Sy Grp->Select Send to home addresses of users

Now the mails will be "forwarded" to external email (that has been defined in SU01). This is a global setting, so then everything will be forwarded.

Or you can also take a look to the mail sending task. I think that there was an element called type (ot something like that). By passing a correct parameter to it, and then pass the email address to the addressstring element, the email will be send to the external email address.

Regards,

Karri

Edited by: Karri Kemppi on Jun 22, 2010 11:01 PM