Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change Material MM02

0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have an requirement to restrict Classification view in MM02 change material.

But in Lot of roles the Object M_MATE_STA is common for MM02 and MM03. If we change view to display in MM02 this is standard for change material.

Could you please advice the best way to restrict change classification field in MM02 along the landscape?

Thanks

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

I'm not sure i understood your query completely.

Classification view in MM02 can be restricted with M_MATE_STA, STATM = C (give whatever ACTVT required)

Depending on the Class type you can have further restrictions with object C_KLAH_BKL, C_TCLA_BKA, C_TCLS_MNT etc.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Sanju

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

You can create two instances of the Auth. Object M_MATE_STA for a role in which you have both MM02 as well as MM03.

For example:

You can add M_MATE_STA manually to the role with the set of following values for "change"

ACTVT=02

STATM= "Views you want for MM02"

For the other instance of M_MATE_STA, you can give values for " display"

ACTVT=03

STATM= "Views you want for MM03"

The user won't be provided these two authorizations as one set but as two different sets so you give the restriction as per your requirement.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Manisha Nadir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Do you mean to say that MM02 is present in a display role? (Not a Best Practice)

The best way to approach your security will be to have seperate roles which would provide display access(Include only display transactions) and seperate role which would provide change access(Include only transactions whcih would provide change access) for each module.

Thanks.

Anjan

arpan_paik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Venkata,

I assume your requirement is to restrict users to display/change Classification view in MM02 but they should be able to view Classification in MM03

If so then this is not possible for same user

What you can do Either restrict Classification view display for both the transaction MM02 and MM03

No access to STAM C for object M_MATE_STA

Or provide access to view Classification view for both MM02 and MM03 but no change access to Classification view

Display access to STAM C for object M_MATE_STA but no change access to STAM C for object M_MATE_STA

Cheers

Arpan

0 Kudos

Hi P. Arpan,

Have you read the thread carefully?

Did you -per chance- happen to let your weary eyes rest on some of the previous answers?

If so, why do you echo them?

If not, ...

0 Kudos

Dear Mylene,

I guess you need to keep your hawk eyes open for more details in other people's post. I guess I was 1st to say that the requirement is phisible but not possible. However if you see the posts carefully then you will find all the posts are related and might be echo to previous one as you concluded.

If no if so... so so.....

Arpan

OnnoE
Participant
0 Kudos

within tx STVARV you can change the materialtypes and remove the specific type and use mm02 to change material. Hope you can use this

br Onno