cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gui 7.20 for windows - problems with SAPLOGON_INI_FILE

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have found a note number 1031740 relating to setting the environment variable for saplogon.ini using the following script -

strIniFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\saplogon.ini")

strCmdLine = "setx /M SAPLOGON_INI_FILE " & strIniFile

bNoWaiting = vbFalse

NwEngine.Shell.Execute strCmdLine, bNoWaiting

I am trying to use this with windows XP and SAP Gui 7.20 to set the location of the saplogon.ini file to the C Drive when installing using the SAP Installation Server Administration Tool. Can anyone help me out with the correct format of the above code for windows XP?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

i have the same problem !

to ditribute saplogon.ini from an installation server using script on-end installation of sapgui 720.

we have didfferent version of windows, sapgui:640,710,720.

please can you tel me the best solution.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help, I have found a VBS script to copy the saplogon.ini file to all the use profiles on the machine rather than try to point the gui at a saplogon.ini file in a different location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The problem here is I am trying to configure all settings on the SAP installation server as we have difference buildings and different networks covered by different administrators in differnt countries. Being able to just run a single install of SAP that configures everything as needs would save alot of time.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If somehow you can execute ".reg" file in SAPGUI installation, then only you can achieve this goal.

Just create a text file "saplogon_post_conf.reg" using NOTEPAD with below contents.

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment]
"SAPLOGON_INI_FILE"="C:\PATH_TO_YOUR_SAPLOGON.INI_FILE"

and configure the installer to execute above reg file as a part of SAPGUI installation.

OR

Simply configure the installer to execute the below command as a part of SAPGUI installation..

REG ADD "HKLM\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Session Manager\Environment" /v SAPLOGON_INI_FILE /t REG_SZ /d <C:\PATH_TO_YOUR_SAPLOGON.INI_FILE>

There is no other way to achieve this goal.

Still GROUP POLICY will be a best and recommended way to do it, if you are using Windows Domain Environment...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I already have the global variable - SAPLOGON_INI_FILE, the problem I have is how to I define this on the SAP installation server so when running an install it is automatically set?

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You will need to set the above environment variable on every client computers where SAPGUI is installed...

You don't need to define it on SAPGUI Installation server

This can be done automatically by defining it in Group Policy.

You can take help of your Active Directory Domain Administrator to configure the above said environment variable on client computers usign GROUP POLICY...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, the problem is not setting the location where the file is stored, the problems is setting the path to the configuration files in the gui so it points to the saplogon.ini file that has just been installed rather than the default location.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can set GLOBLE Environment Variable as below to reflect path of saplogon.ini file...

SAPLOGON_INI_FILE = "C:\PATH_TO_YOUR_SAPLOGON.INI_FILE"

This environment variable cause the SAPGUI to use saplogon.ini file located in above path...

You need to log out and log in again to see the result...

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use Windows System Variable to define the location of your saplogon.ini...

strIniFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Windows\saplogon.ini")

replace the above "saplogon.ini" path as per your desired location...

for example if you want to store it in C:\Windows directory use as:

strIniFile = NwEngine.Variables.ResolveString("%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Windows\spalogon.ini")

Please find the below variables and their locations.

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\ = C:\
%WINDIR% = C:\Windows
%ALLUSERSPROFILE% = C:\Documents and Settings\All Users
%APPDATA% = C:\Documents and Settings\%USERNAME%\Application Data

Hope, this will help you.

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede