cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI in high volume landscape ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

We are having a customer which would like to get SAP PI in his new SAP systemlandscape.

At present time(without SAP) all messages/interfaces are processed within IBM Websphere / IBM Applikation products.

They are using 90% of file transport from Applikation to EAI and backwards.

1.) batch processing daily traffic volume: 30 GB (average file size 0,5 MB). One half of this daily traffic (15 GB) have to be converted into EDIFACT(we want to use the seeburger adapter).

2.) online processing via SAP IDoc or Webservices, Enterprise Services:

- 500 requests per second (10 = Ordersinbound; 450 = Shop to SAP, 40 = SAP to Shop)

- availabilty: 99,9 %

- response time < 250ms

- daily processing traffic: 10GB

at high peek: 20.000 online Orders(Shop) created per hour.

We would like to use SAP PI and get rid of IBM websphere if possible!

- Do you know that this is possible with SAP PI (maybe with Advanced AE, and packed processing) ?

- Do you know similar scenarios, where SAP PI is used ?

- Do you know that this 100% "NOT" possible with SAP PI ?

- Do you think Seeburger EDI Adapters are useful (traffic volume costs) ?

Thanks,

Gordon

Edited by: Gordon Breuer on May 14, 2010 1:53 PM

Edited by: Gordon Breuer on May 14, 2010 1:54 PM

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- Do you know that this is possible with SAP PI (maybe with Advanced AE, and packed processing) ?

Yes it is possible.

- Do you know similar scenarios, where SAP PI is used ?

Check this out

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/00982670-748c-2a10-3985-cdd42fb43e50

- Do you know that this 100% "NOT" possible with SAP PI ?

As I mentioned, this is possible.

- Do you think Seeburger EDI Adapters are useful (traffic volume costs) ?

The effort required without Seeburger adapter to develop custom objects in PI would be much more. Therefore it would be better to go with Seeburger when it comes to EDI related communication.

http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/XI/SeeburgerSuiteforSAPPI

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for your good and quick replay.

Where i can find such customer success stories ?

Thanks,

Gordon

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can find it in SAP.COM client reference section,2 years back i worked one of big chemical customer,it is is migration from WebMethods to SAP PI 7.0,my client landscape very comples and it invloves EDI intergration.

i refered some of clinet sucess docs at that time,then we contacted SAP.

my migration currently working well and good.

Regards,

Raj

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Definelty You can go for SAP PI,

But before taking decision complete your Sizing part and talk with SAP to get best hard for your landscape.

The new version PI 7.1 EHP1 offer best features to handle high volume messages you alredy mentioned advanced adapter engine and Message packaging concepts.

Even you can consider SAP Information Interchange new producnt to handle EDI trasaction(it new prodcut) or you can Go for SEE burger,it will work very well with PI.

bEFORE TAKING DECISION YOU CAN READ CUSTOMER CASE STUDIES AND SUCCESS,SO THAT YOU CAN GET SOME FAIR IDEA.

Regards,

Raj