cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture source text from payload

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

I actually realized why it was being too hard for me to map source payload and watch it converting it to target.

Reason was unwanted spaces introduced by default in process of cut-paste.Using Notepad somehow ,i rectified many

such document errors and finally got mapping run successfully.Otherwise i got 'Null pointer exception'.

.But now i have very large payloads.Repeating this process will be too tiresome.I also tried download .xml instead of

copy paste.It works also no doubt but cannot see it properly as whole xml comes as one line text on all editors.

Though in IExplorer it shows correct but again you cannot copy or paste.

What method should be ideally adopted to consider source payload while testing mapping.Any additional xml editor incase

i will need to download ,plz tell me.

Regards,

Aditya Sharma.

Edited by: aditya sharma on May 14, 2010 1:12 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

madhusudana_reddy2
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use xml editor like ALTOVA XML SPY by downloading trial version from http://www.altova.com/xml-editor/

otherwise you can simply put your xml payload in notepad and goto format-->wordwrap. then it will show line by line, instead of single line.

thanks,

madhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

No wordwrap ,only wraps window end.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have some already installed xml editors on my machine.They all show xml in poor shape.Surprisingly from presentation

point i see only iexplorer working well.But it fails in cut-paste operation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

> i see only iexplorer working well.But it fails in cut-paste operation.

You can use the same techinique on i-explorer as I mentioned in my previous reply.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This way works and i am already aware of that .But xml is in such a distorted shape going single line text that its difficult

to interpret structure.Thats why i am looking for a way

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using the XML comparision tool ...

ExamXML.... google it for free download..

HTH

Rajesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

This way i resolved.Copy the text from IE.Paste to Excel.Remove spaces by trim().Removed special characters.

Removed '-'.

Now it works.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>This way works and i am already aware of that .But xml is in such a distorted shape going single line text that its difficult to interpret structure.Thats why i am looking for a way

Other simple way is after you copy the payload paste it into your message mapping under Test Tab by pressing the SRC icon. Just after the SRC icon you will see the Pretty Print icon, just press it and your payload will be in right shape.

Now copy the formatted source code and simply paste it on notepad and save it as .xml.

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is something Sarvesh,i had been really ignorant of.I am giving you full points.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> What method should be ideally adopted to consider source payload while testing mapping.Any additional xml editor incase

> i will need to download ,plz tell me.

No additional editor is required. The simplest way to copy the source is,

Open the payload->Right click>View Source.

Now you can see the message has got opened in notepad so, simply copy it or save it as per your need.

Just see the example in this blog..

/people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2005/09/16/xi-how-to-test-your-mapping-in-real-life-scenarios