cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How I do to restrict the number of characters of TextEdit component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

How I do to restrict the number of characters of TextEdit component that can be entered?

I have tried to create a simple data type with maximun length, but don't work with TextEdit. This work fine with InputField component.

How I do to solve this issue?

Regards,

Luciano

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh,

I'm using NW 2004 Java and the NW Developer Studio, both SP16.

Thanks,

Luciano

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luciano,

I am using SAP NetWeaver 2004s SPS 07 latest release here its supporting which was not supported in NW2004.

Regards

Suresh

siarhei_pisarenka3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh,

In SAP NetWeaver 2004s SPS 07 the functionality has some errors during copy/pasting texts into TextEdit. Version 2004s SPS 08 will contain patch to fix this.

BR

Sergei

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for all replies!!!

I was seeing this problems, but I wasn't sure.

I think that the solution is make the validation when the user send this data to the server.

Regards,

Luciano

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Lucinano,

SAP NetWeaver 2004s supporting the restriction of textEdit component using simple type.

SAP Netweaver Developer Studio Version is: 7.0.07

which version of SAP Netweaver developer studio your using.

Regards

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Luciano,

WD HTML Client uses corresponding HTML controls for rendering. So, <INPUT TYPE="TEXT" / > has attribute "maxlength", however <TEXTAREA> has not.

So it is impossible to solve this issue unless WD team enhances rendering code.

Anyway, you should receive validation error when data (that exceeds limit) is submitted.

VS

suresh_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Luciano,

I think you cannot restrict maximum charater length using simple type. but when your are going for server action it will throw error message as you have exceeded the maximum length of TextEdit.

Regards

Suresh