cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What know-how on SAP, is need to consume it trough Webservices ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I'm a junior web developer and I've been asked if its possible to access SAP data trough its backend system. I dont know SAP, I never used it. I've read a few documentation, to have a general idea of its behaviors etc. From what I've learned I can acess its data trough RFC or Webservices. RFC depends on extension instalation, so, Webservices seems a better choice for me!

I work on LAN, but then I have to install this remotely and sometimes I dont know the specifications of the server. Webservices is the best choice.

I would like to know, what requeriments I need to get data from SAP Backend ? What stuff do I need to access the backend ? What do I need to ask to start ?

I've also seen mentioned miniWAS, R/3 and NetWeaver ? Terms that I dont understand.

From what I've read, I guess I need to ask the host address to consume webservices (let's say the WDSL ). Plus, I need credentials and thats all.

Now let's assume its correct and now I need to consume stuff. I want to return to the user requests, specific data. Let's say SAP is a database and all I do, is send specific querys and show tables to the user (by example, to explain my point, dont mind my lack of knowledge on SAP).

Also, do I need to learn ABAP ? Is important to learn SAP to create something like this ?

Thanks for your time,

Helder

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Helder,

if you want to create Web Service in SAP you MUST now ABAP, because web service are generated from ABAP Function Module.

I suggest you to collaborate with ABAP Developer for realise the program: ABAP Developer generate required query, give you WSDL configuration file and then you can access to SAP throw Web Service.

Best regards,

Chris