Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import of Configuration Scenarios as .tpz files into ID fails

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We are facing the following issue:

We are moving our PI 7.0 DEV Environment from one Server to another. Therefore, we imported the SLD content successfully into new DEV SLD. We also imported successfully our IR content, i.e. the SWCV's as .tpz files into IR of new PI DEV Server. However, when we are trying to import the ID content. i.e. the Configuration Scenarios as .tpz files into ID of new PI DEV Server, we get failure message: "Unable to import Configuration Scenario because target Business System does not exist for source Business System R3_DEV_100 in SLD". I understand the nature of the error, because I have not defined transport targets for source systems in SLD, since I want the source systems to remain the same during the import as we are moving to a DEV environment. Is there a way to import these Scenarios successfully without having source Business Systems being mapped to target BS's ?

Thank you.

Best Regards,

Evaggelos Gkatzios

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

stefan_grube
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

From How-to Guide "How To... Move Integration Scenarios (ESR/ID Objects) from PI 7.0 to PI 7.1":

"Assign Business System to target Integration Server (Group)

You have to manually change the u2018Related Integration Server/Groupu2019 to the respective

u2018Related Integration Sever/Groupu2019 of your target landscape."

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to create same bussiness system name(R3_DEV_100 ) in your target system.You have to create one group and assign the bussiness system in u r new dev system.Then u r problem will resolve.

Thanks

Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thank you all for your replies. I tried to create the same business system, but it was not possible, since the SLD does not allow to have 2 business systems with the same name. Any other ideas ?

Best Regards,

Evaggelos Gkatzios

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

>We are moving our PI 7.0 DEV Environment from one Server to another. Therefore, we imported the SLD content successfully into new DEV SLD. We also imported successfully our IR content

Can you tell what all SLD things you imported into new server.

You can go ahead with either of the two solution from prateek & Stefan.

Check this: http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw2004s/helpdata/en/ef/a21e3e0987760be10000000a114084/content.htm

[How To... Move Integration Scenarios (ESR/ID Objects) from PI 7.0 to PI 7.1|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/90baf3dd-dbf9-2b10-47aa-ac5f56bb5030]

Edited by: Praveen Gujjeti on May 16, 2010 11:13 PM

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

For once, you can try defining the target business system name same as the source one, R3_DEV_100, and try importing ID objects.

Regards,

Prateek