cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MASTERS IN SAP-ABAP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There has to be a lot of people out there who might be having many questions about higher studies in SAP-ABAP.

Please HELP us by guiding us.

Assuming that all such people are engineering graduates or equivalent, I have some general questions about higher studies in SAP-ABAP.

1. Which universities offer full time masters or equivalent degree in SAP-ABAP ?. Which countries are most preferred ?.

2. What is the admission procedure ?. Do we have to appear for some enterance test ?. What are the requirements ?.

3. What is the fee structure ?.

4. What is Job prospects after completing the degree ?. Are there any Campus placements or will there be Job Fairs ?.

Guidance in any measure is really heartly appreciated.

I have no idea, whatsoever, about where to start and what to start with.

Regards and Thanks,

Omkar Kadam.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

there is no academic degree in SAP-ABAP, but there are many universities that have embedded ABAP in their curriculum.

How to find member universities of SAP University Alliance had been discussed before in this forum, please check following threads:

You can search for Universities that offer a Master degree in information systems or computer science, and check on the Universities website if SAP/ABAP related courses are part oft the curriculum.

Please also check the SAP Corporate Master Program:

http://www.sap.com/germany/services/education/cmp/index_en.epx

If you are mainly interested in ABAP, you can participate in an ABAP course offered by SAP education (https://service.education.sap.com).

Best regards

Sonja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Sonja,

But my I and others like me would really like to know how do we get started ?.

I mean where can I find a coordinator ?.

Are there some who are tied up with the Universities or something like that ?.

Omkar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sonja,

And can you please tell me which course will be best suited for me.

SAP corporate program or other one from the associated universitites ?.

I am an Enginnering Graduate(Computer Engineering) and a Fresher.

Omkar.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar ,

Check out this link and I hope You will get your Answer.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/uac/index?rid=/library/uuid/d0e14910-3de2-2e10-8c9c-82a3e1f701a0&override...

Edited by: Mehulsharma on Dec 23, 2011 9:45 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar

Victoria University in Australia offers a Master of Business in ERP Systems which includes a 2 ABAP electives. However saying that, the number of students undertaking these electives is getting less and less each semester. This is not due to the quality of the subject but more the available career opportunities. ABAP is definately one of the areas in an SAP enevironment which is being outsourced off-shore. There is a demand for these skills but not in Australia and I am sure this is probably the same for many of the western countries. This is not say that ABAP is not an important skill to have.

I think that you need to question why you are seeking a course which contains ABAP subjects.

Good Luck

Paul Hawking

SAP Academic Progarsm Director

Victoria University

Melbourne

Australia

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Paul,

I have done my engg in electronics and communication in 2013,and i have 2 years of experience has client manager,and in 2015 i did my certification in sap abap, and right now iam working as a software engg(sap abap consutant) in oneof the top mnc's, but i am still eager to do my MS. so i need your guidence in doing MS.

Thanks in Advance.

Mani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Omkar,

from your background (I assume you have a Bachelor degree),

probably a master of science in computer science would be one option for you, at least if you want to gain more knowlege in the area of software development/software engineering.

But I cannot recommend you where exactly you should study, because finally this is an individual decision, and there is no "best" university. Concerning the decision where to study, please check out following thread:

You should also think about, if you want to gain more knowledge in ABAP, or if you want to earn a academic degree? If you go for a masters degree, many of the courses will not be directly linked to SAP/ABAP, but will be more general ones.

So if your primary focus is on learning ABAP, I would advice you to gather some practical experience, e.g. by starting as Junior Programmer?

Best regards

Sonja

Edited by: Sonja Hecht on May 16, 2010 2:23 PM