cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Serial number creating automatically while saving the delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I have created serial number profile and activated for a material plant. While taking goods receipts I have take material, qty and serial numbers (serial number are: 00001, 0002, 0003,004 and 0005) for the respective quantity.

I created a delivery against sales order, in the delivery if I entered a different serial number (scrap number, which I have not created/defined/ received) earlier. System is allowing to save the delivery without giving an error and also serial number (scrap) is crating in the back ground, it is showing in the IQ08 report. But I tried to do PGI; system is not allowing to do, because profile is checking for the valid serial number.

My question is how to stop scrap serial number creation while saving the delivery.

Regards,

Chandra

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chandrakanth,

Couple of things to look into, when implementing standard SAP the system never checks for what seria lnumber you entered unti lthe business transaction happens like PGI or PGR.Also in deliveries before you enter serial number in a delivery the batch to be entered is mandatory.So how is the batch being populated and are serial numbers pre created using IQ04 or IQ01 for that batch?

Regards

Kiran V Yarlagadda

swagat_mohanty2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

On the config screen serial number profile (tcode OIS2), there is a check box "ExistReq.". Activate this check-box for the profile you use and see if unwanted serial numbers are getting created during saving of delivery.

But you have to make sure your receiving side requirements (for serial numbers) are covered.

Thanks

Swagat

Former Member
0 Kudos

so ur saying when u r creating a deliery with "ALB " status system is allowing you to create deliery but not PGI since the serial number status is not " ESTO"/???