cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP PI Export from DEV to PRD enviroment

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have worked in projects as SAP PI consultant where I didnt face the necessity to export objects from DEV to PRD environment, but now I am facing this necessity.

My question is, what are the steps do I need to follow ?

For Development porpouses I already have the SWC and Bussiness system created in SLD (SLD is for both environmetns, PRD and DEV), So Do I need to "TRANSFER FROM SLD" the SWC from SLD in Production enviroment for the first time ? and After I can import .tpz file? Or I just need to import the .tpz file directly whithout "TRANSFER FROM SLD".

Summarizing, for the first deploy to production, Do I need to "TRANSFER FROM SLD" to have the SWC or no? Just import the .tpz file directly ?

Thank you so much!

Regards

Diego

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member181985
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>For Development porpouses I already have the SWC and Bussiness system created in SLD (SLD is for both environmetns, PRD and DEV),

If SLD is common for both Dev & PROD, then just import the TPZs.

If you have separate SLDs then, then you need import SWCV, PROD and technical & Business systems into PROD. And you need to maintain SLD maps as well in production. (one time activity)

Regards,

Praveen Gujjeti.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

If you use the "TRANSFER FROM SLD" function, you will only get the shell of the SWCV (without the objects). Assuming you are not using CTS for transport, you will need to export your .TPZ files from DEV, then import them into PRD.

Regards,

Glenn

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Glenn, thank you!

I know that...but My questio is if I need to use that function (TRANSFER FROM SLD) or I can import .tp file directly ..

Thank you for your time!

Regards,

Diego

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Diego,

You can import the TPZ files directly.

Regards,

Glenn