cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WebDynpro ABAP ALV --> Custom Toolbar Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to add the FileUpload UI element to an ALV toolbar in WDA? I want to add it to the ALV toolbar (as opposed to below the ALV container).

I have added a custom BUTTON UI element (CL_SALV_WD_FE_BUTTON) to an WDA ALV toolbar, but I want that button to "Browse.." for a file (like the FileUpload UI element).

Near as I can tell, there is no CL_SALV_WD_FE_XXXX class I can use for this.

Is there a way to program the click event of the BUTTON to call a FileUpload?

Thanks,

- Tim

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

ChrisPaine
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can trigger an upload to work off a button - see the example app WD_TEST_APPL_ACFUPDOWN.

but this won't give you the browser for file popup - as this is implemented in the browser, not the ACF code (I believe there is no implementation for this in the ACF applet - I might be wrong).

Alternatively you could have your button call a new popup window in which you could embed a FileUpload UI element...

The actually UI element is built differently to trigger the browser specific file upload functionality - not WD functionality.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> you can trigger an upload to work off a button - see the example app WD_TEST_APPL_ACFUPDOWN.

>

> but this won't give you the browser for file popup - as this is implemented in the browser, not the ACF code (I believe there is no implementation for this in the ACF applet - I might be wrong).

>

> Alternatively you could have your button call a new popup window in which you could embed a FileUpload UI element...

>

> The actually UI element is built differently to trigger the browser specific file upload functionality - not WD functionality.

Thanks Chris. I looked at ACFUp, but it does not support browse functionality - although I think I read it might in 7.2. I eventually just added a popup like you suggested. Works out anyway, since the popup allowed user to browse a bigger view of the file before applying recs to smaller table control.

Thanks,

- Tim