Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USR02 wiped out during client export (users) from BW production system

former_member608082
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am sharing my experience about a strange incident , where USR02 table

got wiped out , when Basis was performing client copy export(users) in BW production system.

In that strange critical situation , SAP Supports answer was to restore the last backup, which

was not considered as a time efficient solution , since time required for this was more.

Only approach left was to create the users again , and assign roles.

Thanks to SUIM change documents which was working at that movement , and I was able to extract list

of users , and their roles assignments . Which was a starting point to create and restore users back using

CATT script. which was accomplished within few hours.

This remains a mystery how and why only USR02 table got wiped out from a production environment.

Whether SAP Support has an answer for this or not ?

Has anyone else experienced same problem earlier.please share

Thanks

Puneet

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

are you talking about SCC8? you still should be able to check the logs (very large one), and find out why USR02 table has been wiped out.

0 Kudos

There are no logs evident in SCC8, we had to cancell that process activity , as it had wiped out the table (USR02), and started throwing dumps , as users were logged in and using the system. hope that helps.