cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WS-Security in PI 7.11 SP3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have a scenario where PI will be consuming an IBM P8 web service that utilizes WS-Security features. Is the receiver SOAP Adapter capable of handling this natively in PI 7.11 SP3, or is the AXIS Adapter for SOAP still required? I've searched the forums/blogs and haven't been alble to nail down an answer to that. Thanks in advance.

cw

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried using WS adapter? It supports WS Security.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek,

I'm not overly familiar with the WS Adapter, but from what I've read it sounded like it could only be used with SAP backend systems. Is that incorrect? In my case, IBM P8 is the web service provider. If the WS adapter can be used in non-SAP scenarios, are there any good blogs/documents describing the process?

Thanks,

cw

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think now I have some more clues.

You can use SOAP adapter for WS security as well. For that you need to use and enable the Axis framework. Refer to SAP Note 1039369. Download the zip in that note and check for Q1 in section "Advanced usage questions".

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Prateek.

So even in 7.11 SP 3, you still have to use the Axis Framework to utiilze WS-Security? I was thinking 7.11 natively handled it, but guess I was incorrect.

Thanks!

cw