cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of Location Type Trouble

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The node type assgined to the ECC location I am trying to CIF is DC.. I would assume DC should come as LOCTYPE 1002 but it has come as 1001 - Prod plant. This is a second time CIF of the same Plant. The first time the default was Production Plant 1001 type.

Now I need to change the LOCTYPE and did come across warnings that I was ready to take as this is a new location in a test system. and went to /SAPAPO/CHANGE_LOCTYPE.. but it says location not found.

A while ago I was in table LOCMAP and deleted the LOCID and ran some consistency check programs assuming this will fix the problem by re-CIFing but that didnt happen. I still see the location as type 1001 in /SAPAPO/LOC3 .

Could you advise what steps need I take to delete this location and all its associated objects (there arent any that I can see or think of) but just wondering.

Regards,

Loknath

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I am done with all cleansing activities. Set the deletion flag and now trying to run this standard program and ABAP is more or less Greek to me. Till I check with my developers, if you could give some pointers as to what is wrong that needs to be fixed.

/SAPAPO/DELETE_LOCATIONS

/SAPAPO/CHANGE_LOCTYPE cant find the location that needs to be deleted (even after reverting the deletion flag)

RLCDELETE has identified dependent products that I deleted.

/SAPAPO/DELETE_LOCATIONS

Error in the ABAP Application Program

The current ABAP program "SAPLCALO" had to be terminated because it has

come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

The following syntax error occurred in program "SAPLSTAP " in include "LSTAP$08

" in

line 5:

"Type "SI_CSITEMID" is unknown"

" "

" "

" "

The include has been created and last changed by:

Created by: "SAP "

Last changed by: "SAP "

Error in the ABAP Application Program

The current ABAP program "SAPLCALO" had to be terminated because it has

come across a statement that unfortunately cannot be executed.

25 exceptions

26 object_not_found = 01

27 subobject_not_found = 02.

29 IF SY-SUBRC = 1.

30 RAISE LOG_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND. "mit SLG0 CAPI anlegen!

31 ELSEIF SY-SUBRC = 2.

32 RAISE LOG_SUB_OBJECT_NOT_FOUND. "mit SLG0 CAPI_LOG anlegen!

33 ENDIF.

35 ENDFORM. " APPL_LOG_INIT

36 &----

37 *& Form SET_LOGGING_FLAGS

38 &----

39 * text *

40 ----

41 * --> p1 text

42 * <-- p2 text

43 ----

44 FORM SET_LOGGING_FLAGS

45 USING FLAG_DB_LOG_ON

46 FLAG_MSG_ON

47 FLAG_API_API_CALL_ON

48 FLAG_COLLECT_MSG_ON.

50 * -

set Flag - logging on----

51 * Messages will be written into the database

52 * deault: flag_db_log_on = 'X'.

53 EXPORT FLAG_DB_LOG_ON TO MEMORY ID 'flag_db_log_on'.

>>> CALL FUNCTION 'STAP_RESET_GF_DB_LOG_ON'. "note 548536

57 * -

set Flag - Messaging on----

58 * Messages will be written into the interface table

59 * this is in 3.0B not yet activated

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Loknath,

As far as Standard goes, SCM system can't allow any two Locations to have same names even if the they are of different types.

So if you're using locations of different types with same names, you have to make an CIF enhancement to affix DC-to Distribution Centers and PL to Production Plants and so on.

In your case, you must have CIFed your location without node type DC first and it went over as Production Plant. Now when you try to CIF again, it would not take because it assumes the location already exists.

Did I get your problem right or I missed anything?

regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes Mohan, Absolutely right. The issue now is how can I delete this location and re-CIF as location type DC. I have tried all programs at dispoals and followed the pre-requisite cleansing for deleting location but I am not able to get the location type = prod. May be I am missing something, If you dont mind me calling you that would be great. I am 12484955519

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Location tyoe = DC 1002

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I was able to succesfully change the location type with /sapapo/change_loctype.

Have you noticed the test indicatore in this report? By any chance , you ran it in test mode?

Did you get any error when you tried to re-CIF the location?How did you try to CIF? Why don't you try RIMODINI this time. I hope the node type DC is still assigned to the plant in ECC.

regards,

Mohan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mohan,

I unchecked test mode but the program CHANGE_LOCTYPE.. does not find the location...Location does not exist.

My observation is the location GUID (in LC) no longer exists but location needs to be deleted from the database permanently and that I am not not able to do. I see the deletion flag first and then do tried DELETE_LOCATION but this points me to log and I go and see the log that only has some header information and no details below in SLG1

Also as I said the program WUF is terminating with the key message "Type "SI_CSITEMID" is unknown" This happens in dialog. Trying in background now. It went into run time errors for other "normal" locations (e.g. for location products).

Regards,

Loknath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even in background it terminates with the same message

Former Member
0 Kudos

This was the problem of SYNTAX errors with the program that WUF, DELETE_LOCATION, DELETE_PRODUCT etc.

The structure CSITEMID_CL needs to be activated

Regards,

Loknath

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

To change the location type of a plant in SCM APO, you must delete it and reactivate the integration model from ERP system. How to delete a plant with location type 1001 in SCM APO:

- You run the transaction code /SAPAPO/LOC3.

- Fill in the field location with your desired location and click button Change.

- Set Deletion Flag in the Administration section and Save.

- Go Back then go to menu Extra and choose Delete location and choose Immediate.

Your plant will be deleted at once.

Hope it useful to you.

Danny Pham