cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NetWeaver session timeout not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

MII 12.0 having a problem with the MII session variables being blown away, but the user's browser session is still valid.

I had the Basis guys set the NW session SessionExpirationPeriod to 10 minutes(600,000) and the MII session timeout to 30 minutes.

After 15 minutes of inactivity, the MII dynamically set session variables were gone, the system session variables were still there and the user didn't have to login to NetWeaver again, the app kept operating. It kept the SAME session id (app refreshes it if it is lost as it is kept in a session variable by the app).

What is the right way to set and handle session timeouts for MII applications? What I want to have happen is that after the session timeout occurrs, the next time the user interacts with the app they are bounced back to the NetWeaver login page.

Thanks

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jcgood25
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is it always 15 minutes? Is it possible you have more than one server node and the first request goes to a different node, and the UME session stays alive, but the MII custom atttributes added in addition to LDAP are not there?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the hints Jeremy,

There are too many things that are possible and I can't seem to get any good technical information on NetWeaver. I think we are going to have to get some spot consulting about java apps on NetWeaver and MII in particular. There are too many config params and too little information about what they all do and how they work together. And to make it even more difficult EPortal is installed on the same NetWeaver instance.

--Amy Smith

--Haworth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go through the below article on MII installation and configuration. Hope it helps you.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/f09005e1-fd91-2b10-7c9c-d580a30ba59c

Thanks

Rajesh Sivaprakasam.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Rajesh,

Do you know that there is something in that article to help? I couldn't find anything. Could you point me to the right part of the document?

Thanks,

--Amy Smith

--Haworth