Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mass Delete Systems From SMSY

shelby_may2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our SOLMAN system has been neglected up for a while now and I'm starting to get things straightened out. The main problem I'm facing is that in SMSY we have thousands of systems that need to be deleted. For instance under SAP ERP we have <SID>_0001 up to <SID>_4500. How can I remove all these non-existent systems so I can re-sync properly with the SLD? Is there a table somewhere that I can just remove them from? I assume that the LANDSCAPE FETCH job added a new entry each time it ran. Has anyone run into this problem before and have some suggestions?

Thanks,

Shelby

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shelby,

Please also take a look at note 1360590 and check whether it helps in eliminating the inconsistencies.

Regards,

Daniel.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

shelby_may2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for the help. I ended up opening a ticket with SAP to confirm that there was in fact no way to magically delete all the goofy systems and they confirmed that was not. So I used a program called Desktop Macros to record the mouse clicks used to delete a system. Then I looped the playback of the macro 6000 or so times and was able to clean up SMSY over night. Hope this helps someone in the future.

Thanks,

Shelby

Paul_Babier
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

>

> Hi,

>

> Our SOLMAN system has been neglected up for a while now and I'm starting to get things straightened out. The main problem I'm facing is that in SMSY we have thousands of systems that need to be deleted. For instance under SAP ERP we have <SID>_0001 up to <SID>_4500. How can I remove all these non-existent systems so I can re-sync properly with the SLD? Is there a table somewhere that I can just remove them from? I assume that the LANDSCAPE FETCH job added a new entry each time it ran. Has anyone run into this problem before and have some suggestions?

>

> Thanks,

> Shelby

Hello Shelby,

You might want to take a look at SAP Note 1301106 to get an understanding as to why when you run landscape_fetch an another <SID>_nnnn system is created. The note is not applicable for EHP1, however, this will not help you remove the systems, just understand why it happens so you can clean up the definitions in SMSY.

There is no function to delete systems from SMSY automatically. The only option is manual deletion. Some kind of customization would need to be implemented to accomplish automated system deletion.

I would recommend that through Service Marketplace you open an OSS/CSS message with SAP Support under component SV-SMG-SYS and request assistence from the Development Support group to resolve this problem.

I hope this information is helpful.

Regards,

Paul

daniel_nicol
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Shelby,

Check the following notes to correct the issue:

1299281 SMSY: Systems created with _0001 or _NABP

1376733 SMSY: Indicator NO_ABAP_INCLUDED cleared

If they do not apply, check that you have implemented solution manager basic note, each solution manager Support package has one:

SP18 and SP19: 1172948.

SP20 and SP21: 1334252

SP22 and SP23: 1405878

After that delete the systems in SMSY and run the LANDSCAPE FETCH again

Hope this can help!

Regards,

Daniel.

Edited by: Daniel Nicol on May 14, 2010 12:29 AM

Edited by: Daniel Nicol on May 14, 2010 12:29 AM