Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP SD integration when Scraping materials at third party vendor place

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Could you please guide how do I map the below scenarios:

1. The Pharma materials are all batch managed. Now the co' has got pharma returns and the credit memo to be issued for all those valid returns. How do I trace the batch while taking return as I have to create return with ref to a billing document only?? Advice on how to map this!

2. Also, the expired materials are destroyed and scraped at the third party vendor place. Now how , in what way do I account through SAP SD process?

Please advice and your inputs are highly appreciated.Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

for yout first question, If you want to get the batches from the billing document to the sales document (returns); make the copy control between your billing document type and your return document type in VTAF, and for the item category you use, the routine for thefirst DataT:153 Item from bill.doc

For your second question, for the invalid batches/quantities that are scrapped at third party warehouses, what we do (in Pharma) is the business partner has to inform us about the quantities and batches they will destroy, then we book them back in our plant into Blocked stock, and subsequently we scrap it by using movement type 555. this way we book the the cost in our books.

regards,

Sidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidi,

You have mostly answered however i have some doubts as below.

Thanks for your reply. What's ths ideal practise in Pharma? In case one" do I need to create a Cr memo referencing the billing doc should be having a batch ? if Yes, what exact billing doc do we need to refer in practical as it could have been the oldest one material/batch we might be taking a return now? If No, can we ignore the Batch no while creating return and Credit for return as well?

Ans in case two"

Should the process described by you will completely be taken in MM side? Also, how/what means the vendor will inform the co' about the destroyed materilas/batches? Will it be through edi/idoc and if yes what will it update in co's system as reference in MM/QM/SD document as reference?

Thanks

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shrihari

well, it is a bit tricky to refer the billing document because the last one could have the latest batch and which high likely will be a different batch.

For case one, we actually do refer the billing document if for example the wrong ship to party was entered in sales order, the wrong products have been shipped or when goods have been damaged in transit.

When we have a case like the one I 've l mentionned above, the customes tells us by email about the return, we then acknowledge the return by return of email usually and then when goods arrive at warehouse, they are booked as return (normal retun w/o reference to billing document).

What we also face it that sometimes the customers buys the product in , say january, but was not able to sell whole purchased quantity and then wants (in may) to return the remaining product to us. Well we have a policy that we do not accept such returns. sold is sold.

For case two, the customer may return damaged goods to us, we create a sales order return to our warehouse, at 0 price, so we actually do not issue a credit note, but rather book the quantities back into inventory stock blocked and subsequently issue then as scrapped (mvt type 555)

What the customers destroys at their permises w/o informing us, then we do not take any action.

Regards

Sidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidi,

Thanks a lot!! Your answer was helpfull to me. Your reply was more rewarding than the points! Sincere thanks!

Regards,

Mukund

Answers (0)