SAP for Oil, Gas, and Energy Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and navigate the evolving energy landscape. Join the conversation today!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TSW events

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I need your guidance to understand what are TSW events and how we can use them. Please do not paste any SAP help portal URLs. I have already gone thru the same.

It will be very nice if somebody can explain how it is used in nomination, TD shipments in real world may be with some example. I am also interested to know if I can use SAP event management in place of these events? Is it possible to trigger workflow based on events?

Thanks,

Ritesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In simple terms, EVENTS are used to keep track of information/action in various stages of supply chain.

Eg . While Shipping a commodity product (with varying price), During creation of Ticket(ie loading), there should be some information already of what the actual price should be( it will be calculated based on BOL). So, In order to be able to enter BOL in Ticket, it has to be already entered in the preceding document(SD/MMTSW Details>Events) and same will be transferred to Nomination.

Hope this helped.

Regards,

Ashok

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

With SAP Event Management, an application within the SAP SCM business suite, SAP not only supports the supply chain event management concept but also provides pre-configured visibility scenarios that customers can leverage for their own implementations. SAP Event Management provides near real-time visibility into supply chain at granular level, based on expected events and/or exceptions via web status portal, overdue list, alert framework, workflows and analytics to identify business priorities, escalations paths and guidance in resolving variations.

Using example of standard pre-configured visibility, the outputs of TSW in form of shipments within both upstream and downstream supply chain can be monitored and managed in SAP Event Management.

Hope this helps

Sandeep

[SAPPRESS Author, Implementing and Configuring SAP Event Management|http://www.sap-press.com/products/Implementing-and-Configuring-SAP-Event-Management.html]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In simple terms, EVENTS are used to keep track of information/action in various stages of supply chain.

Eg . While Shipping a commodity product (with varying price), During creation of Ticket(ie loading), there should be some information already of what the actual price should be( it will be calculated based on BOL). So, In order to be able to enter BOL in Ticket, it has to be already entered in the preceding document(SD/MMTSW Details>Events) and same will be transferred to Nomination.

Hope this helped.

Regards,

Ashok