cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table drop down

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a table, which one column has drop down by index. This drop down has two values - Yes or No.

This table has three records. For one reocrd, if I select Yes other records as well getting changed to Yes. I want Unique values as per the user selection.

As of now I created a node, with an attribute type Value(string). Created two elements Yes and No and added to the node. This node is been assigned to the table cell editor's dropdown Index' Texts property.

I have seen many threads, But i am not able to understand how to resolve this issue.Please help me out and majorily struck with this issue.

Thanks

Supriya.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meenakshi,

The link you specified holds good for normal drop down by index and not in the table.

All,

Please help me out as I am majorily struck with this.

Thanks

Supriya.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya

you can use a supply function to change the values being shown in the dependent columns based on the "yes" or "no" value selected in your first column.

For this you will have to bind your columns to different nodes,as the supply functions populate the chil nodes on change of the lead selection in the parent node.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am facing problem with unique population of values in each table row. When user changes, all the row value is getting changed. How to get rid of this.

Please help me I am mojorily struck with this.

Thanks

Supriya.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

Please go through the thread which was answered to my problem:

Hope this helps u.

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

I am facing difficulty in writing a supply fucntion can you help me out.

Thanks

Supriya.

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Supriya,

Let me explain what i did for this. The requirement was to display a table with n records and for every row there will be unique values for which I had a hierarchy like this in my context of view:

MaterialNode

---Number

---Description

---Date

---WorkCenterDD

-

WCCode

in the supply function, this was what i did:

for (int i = 0; i < MaterialNode.size(); i++) 
		{
			IMaterialNodeElement objAssign = wdContext.nodeMaterialNode().getMaterialNodeElementAt(i);
                       //get the material number at i and pass to another function to get the list of workcenters
			for (int j = 0; j <workCenterListSize; j++)
			{
				objWorkCenter = objAssign.nodeWorkCenterDD().createAndAddWorkCenterDDElement();
				objWorkCenter.setWCCode(//get the element at j from .nodeWorkCenterValues());
			}
			objAssign.nodeWorkCenterDD().setLeadSelection(0);
		}

Hope this helps you,

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Poojith,

It was helpful, i am running in to errors.

My node looks like this---

InvoiceAppDetails

--- PayInFull

--Value

So i made child node PayInFull as singelton false and assigned a supply function called supplyColumn-- which cautomaticlaly created following method structure so can u help me out from this... My requiremnet is to create static values yes and no in PayInfull node.

public void supplyColumn(IPrivateSampView.IPayInFullNode node, IPrivateSampView.IInvoiceAppDetailsElement parentElement)

{

}

Please reply as this will solve my solution..

Thanks

Supriya

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

To be frank, I did not use the supply function method at all, I wrote this code in the Init() part of the view and it's working well,

What u can do is, paste the lines in the supply function and call this by passing the object of InvoiceAppDetails and the code for populating in the supply function.

But I dont't understand one thing from your requirement. If you only need 2 values (Yes/No) in the dropdown, why are u making the process complicated by using DD by Index, This can easily be done using a Dropdown by Key itslef, using a simpletype!!!

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Poojith MV

former_member214651
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try using a DD by Key for such simple implementations and static values. DD by Key is easier to use and implementation is better.

DD by Index can be used if the values contain more than 25 and if u need unique separate values for each record..

Regards,

Poojith MV

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pooja,

Yes I want unique values for each record. I should use drop down by key. I followed the below steps:

1. Created a node with a string attribute, manually added two values to ir Yes or No.

2. Created a table with one column as table cell editor with an element as drop down by key.

3. Binded drop down by index texts property to string attribute.

Problems facing --

1. Unable to set unique values Need step by step how to work on this

2. How to get the value once selected.

Thanks

Supriya.

former_member192152
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Create a simpleType (X) containing the two values (yes / no). Create a ValueNode (Y) and for it creates an Attribute (setting the type attribute as X). Use this ValueNode created (Y) as the source of the Table.

Regards,

Angelo