cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JRA Function Call to BW produces INVALID_VARIABLE_VALUES error

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm working on a dashboarding project using MII to display data sourced from BW. When I use a JRA connector to try and get the data, I get an error:

[ERROR]: SAPJRAFunction: com.sap.mw.jco.JCO$AbapException: (126) INVALID_VARIABLE_VALUES: INVALID_VARIABLE_VALUES

The thing that gets me is that I get the same error regardless of whether or not the BAPI has any parameters associated with it. Is there some sort of configuration on BW or MII that I need to put in place in order to successfully get this data?

Thanks,

Adam Doyle

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The BASIS team set up a JCo connector. I created an MII transaction that ran a SAP-BI call that required no additional variable input.

u2022 [INFO ]: Execution Started At: 18:08:36

u2022 [ERROR]: RFC Function Error: INVALID_VARIABLE_VALUES

u2022 [ERROR]: ACTION FAILED: End Action SAP_JCo_Function_0 : ( )

u2022 [INFO ]: Tracer0, Response:

u2022 [INFO ]: Execution Completed At: 18:08:38 Elapsed Time was 2266 mS

Again with a different SAP-BI call,

[INFO ]: Execution Started At: 18:14:30

[ERROR]: RFC Function Error: INVALID_VARIABLE_VALUES

[ERROR]: ACTION FAILED: End Action SAP_JCo_Function_0 : ( )

[INFO ]: Tracer0, Response: <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>

<RS_VC_GET_QUERY_VIEW_DATA_FLAT><TABLES><E_T_ATTR_DATA_COLUMNS><item><TUPLE_ORDINAL/><CHANM/><ATTRINM/><ATTRIVL/><CAPTION/></item></E_T_ATTR_DATA_COLUMNS><E_T_ATTR_DATA_ROWS><item><TUPLE_ORDINAL/><CHANM/><ATTRINM/><ATTRIVL/><CAPTION/></item></E_T_ATTR_DATA_ROWS><E_T_AXIS_ATTRS><item><AXIS/><CHANM/><ATTRINM/><CHAPRSNT/><CAPTION/></item></E_T_AXIS_ATTRS><E_T_AXIS_CHARS><item><AXIS/><CHANM/><CHAPRSNT/><CHATYP/><CAPTION/></item></E_T_AXIS_CHARS><E_T_AXIS_DATA_COLUMNS><item><TUPLE_ORDINAL/><CHANM/><CAPTION/><CHAVL/><CHAVL_EXT/><NIOBJNM/><TLEVEL/><DRILLSTATE/><OPT/></item></E_T_AXIS_DATA_COLUMNS><E_T_AXIS_DATA_ROWS><item><TUPLE_ORDINAL/><CHANM/><CAPTION/><CHAVL/><CHAVL_EXT/><NIOBJNM/><TLEVEL/><DRILLSTATE/><OPT/></item></E_T_AXIS_DATA_ROWS><E_T_AXIS_DATA_SLICER><item><TUPLE_ORDINAL/><CHANM/><CAPTION/><CHAVL/><CHAVL_EXT/><NIOBJNM/><TLEVEL/><DRILLSTATE/><OPT/></item></E_T_AXIS_DATA_SLICER><E_T_AXIS_INFO><item><AXIS/><NCHARS/><NCOORDS/></item></E_T_AXIS_INFO><E_T_CELL_DATA><item><CELL_ORDINAL/><VALUE/><FORMATTED_VALUE/><VALUE_TYPE/><CURRENCY/><UNIT/><MWKZ/><NUM_SCALE/><NUM_PREC/><CELL_STATUS/><BACK_COLOR/></item></E_T_CELL_DATA><E_T_MESSAGES><item><ZEILE/><MSGTY/><TEXT/><ARBGB/><TXTNR/><MSGV1/><MSGV2/><MSGV3/><MSGV4/></item></E_T_MESSAGES><E_T_TEXT_SYMBOLS><item><SYM_TYPE/><SYM_TIMEDEP/><SYM_NAME/><SYM_FS/><SYM_BEGIN_GROUP/><SYM_CAPTION/><SYM_VALUE_TYPE/><SYM_VALUE/><SYM_OUTPUTLEN/></item></E_T_TEXT_SYMBOLS><I_T_PARAMETER><item><NAME/><VALUE/></item></I_T_PARAMETER></TABLES></RS_VC_GET_QUERY_VIEW_DATA_FLAT>

[INFO ]: Execution Completed At: 18:14:33 Elapsed Time was 2469 mS

I'm getting the same error with both JRA and JCo connectors. Should this be this difficult?

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

And you were able to execute the RFC successfully in SAP R/3 (for ex. tcode se37)?

agentry_src
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The times I have seen that error (and it has been a while), it was from entering the wrong datatype or not having an entry where one was required. As Udayan suggested, I would spend some time testing in SE37. I would also try to export the xml from a successful execution of the RFC internally to see what is being default populated for the input fields. Frequently the fields which populate with default data in ERP, do not do so when executed from an external system (similar to leading zeroes not being prepended when executing from MII for things like materials, orders, batches, etc.).

Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

That is understandable but I would still try the JCO action block, just to try it out. There have been some issues with the JRA action block around mapping of parameters to the SAP function call.

I don't remember the 12.0 version issues that well, but know that they exists. You could try and go through the notes on fixes and SPs for MII.

BR

Poul.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are using MII version 12.0.7(20). I realize that this is a couple of versions back, but there are some concerns about updating.

We have not tried using a Jco connector. We are using the JRA connector at the Security team's directive.

Adam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

Do you get the same error if you are using the JCO action block instead? Which version of MII are you using?

BR

Poul.