cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will PFCG at child systems be disabled once CUA is activated?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have set up CUA many times but I do NOT remember whether the PFCG of the child systems will be NOT working once CUA is set up.

I currently have no CUA to verify this.

Would you please help tell if the PFCG at child systems will be disabled once CUA is activated?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, PFCG will not be disabled in child system.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 different answers. Who is right?

Please comment. Thanks!

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you check CUA installation guide, there below extract is mentioned:

In the central system, you use transaction SU01 to execute the Text Comparison from

Child System function and specify the changed child system as the target system.

u2022 You send the changed role data from the child system in which you have made the role

maintenance (transaction PFCG) changes, to the central system. To do this, choose

Environment u2192 Text Comparison for CUA Central System in transaction PFCG of the

child system.

u2022 You execute the report SUSR_ZBV_GET_RECEIVER_PROFILES in the central

system using transaction SA38, or schedule it regularly as a background job to collect

the changed roles and profiles from the child system. You can specify the receiving

system using the input help. If you have only made changes in one child system, you

only need to specify this system.

u2022 You execute the report SUSR_ZBV_GET_RECEIVER_PROFILES in the child system

using transaction SA38, or schedule it regularly as a background job to send the

changed roles and profiles to the central system. You can leave the input fields empty,

as the data of the child system is always sent to the central system, regardless of the

entries.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

By the way, in the child systems txn PFCG, can users be assigned to the role and do a user comparison?

I ask this question because if the answer is "YES", it's contradictory to CUA idea.

Regards!

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can only display the roles in child systems. Cannot change the roles.

Cheers....,

Raghu