cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SSCR (Developer) Key problem

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a problem about SSCR key (SAP developer key). I have already finished homogeneous system copy from production to development system. Development system is working, there is no problem on database or OS. Also I finished post processing operations after homogeneous system copy. After homogeneous system copy I installed license and I get SSCR (Developer Key) from SAP for my SAP username. I want to change some ABAP programs. SAP system ask me enter developer key. I'm entering developer key but system is saying that it is not correct key. Also I checked installation number and username, they are correct. But sap development system doesn't accept that key. But same key is working on production system. I can edit program from production with same developer key. Also I checked SCC4 client setting. Everything is normal. But I cannot edit anythink with any username and developer keys. SAP development system doesn't allow.

How can we solve this problem? Could you please help me to solve this problem?

Our SAP system version is 4.7 Enterprise. Oracle version is 9.2.0.8

Best regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Once you have dne the system copy the license gets invalidated and you need to apply the new license for the DEV system. You can check the SLICENSE. The developer key is not box specific but specific to installation number.

Regards

Santanu

Former Member
0 Kudos

why you are not preffering for re-registraion?

Just register new license for your DEV and apply...then after you can register the new developer(other than DEVELOPER).

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all need some clarification on below queries:

1) Why you made a system copy from PRO to DEV(which one is not suggested)

2) Why you are testing in your PRO system with access key(might be you have opened your client)

And solution for your issue is to re-register your Developement system under installation no on SMP and apply new license.

Regards,

Nick Loy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Also we used backup/restore method for homogeneous system copy.

We did homogeneous system copy from production to test because our development system crashed and we didn't have any backup for development system.

I only checked that developer key is working or not in production system. We are not do any development in production system. But developer key is working at there. But key is not working in development system.

Best regards,

anindya_bose
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Are you sure installation number for both DEV and PRO is same? Check from SLICENSE tcode.

Are you using same username in both the system?

Best option is to create a new user id and register it in ServiceMarketPlace and then check with the new SCCR key provided by SAP.

You can also check https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/40850

Please check point 5 and 6 specifically.

Regards

Anindya Bose

Edited by: Anindya Bose on May 14, 2010 1:32 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My username is DEVELOPER and I'm using same username and instalation number for development and production system. Also I checked sap note 40850. But it is not about my problem. This problem occured after homogeneous system copy.

Best

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Can you please check the table DEVACCESS and check if it contains any entry.(Try Using the old Developer Key also)

I guess whenever the Development system is refreshed from production the table DEVACCESS will become empty. In these cases we need to take a backup of the table DEVACCESS. In that case you need to register your system again in Service Market place to get the Developer Key.

Thanks,

Nick S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nike,

I checked also DEVACCESS table. There is no line in that table. I tried enter monually username and key but it didn't solve my problem. SAP production system and development system are using same installation number and same username for developing. Developer key is working in production system, but it is not working in development system. Development system doesn't accept any developer key.

Best regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What was your previous username (developer) in development system before system copy ?

Was it same as production systems user ?

If yes, and you can use old registered developer key (Which may be available on SMP)...

Just for my knowledge, have you changed the client setting in SCC4 (Client Role - Customizing) after system copy ?

Have you done system copy using backup/restore method ?

Regards.

Rajesh Narkhede

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Username is same in development and production systems. Also SAP installation number is same. I changed also SCC4 setting as customizing in development system. But still we have same problem.