cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EhP4 on ECC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Folks,

If I've to just ugrade component EA-GLTRADE to 604 which is currently on 600 on our ECC, what should I be using? SPAM/SAINT or SAPEHPI?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If it is 32 bit system, then you have to use SPAM/SAINT only.

If it is 64 bit system and currently all ECC components are on 600 level then you have to user EHPI tool only.

If ECC basic components like SAP_APPL and EA-APPL is on 604, then you can use SPAM/SAINT.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny, thanks. That was quick. The list of software components and their releases.

SAP_ABA 701

SAP_BASIS 701

PI_BASIS 701

SAP_BW 701

SAP_AP 700

EA-APPL 604

EA-FINSERV 604

WEBCUIF 700

SAP_APPL 604

SAP_HR 600

FINBASIS 604

SCMEWM 700

SCM_BASIS 700

Now can I install EA-GLTRADE 604 directly with SPAM/SAINT or should I've to install 601, 602 and 603 before installing 604.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to generate stack file from solman to upgrade this component and it will automatically calculate the package which is required for this component. And this tack file you need to provide in SAINT.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sunny,

I went to Maintenance Optimizer in our SolMan. After selecting EA-GLTRADE, it is asking me to upgrade pretty much all the components. Is there a way that I can just upgrade EA-GLTRADE to 604. Also some SAP notes say that I should use EhP Installer for EhP4. Could you please clarify this to me?

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

EHPI installer you should use when ECC componets EA-APPL and SAP_APPL needs to be upgraded to EHP4 level but in your case it is already on that level. So to upgrade other components you need to use EHPI installer.

As far as patches are concerned, you need to select technical usage for EA-GLTRADE so that you will get only these patches and at the same time if there is any dependency of this package on any other package then MOPZ will calculate that also.

Thanks

Sunny

Answers (0)