cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

It will not parse! Creating a new object in the universe

former_member283700
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, we have a universe and BO reports. They work fine for our clients. We are on BO XI r3.1. Now, one client captures an additional piece of info. They would like to report against this and add it high up on our drilling heirarchy. "Sure, no problem". For the following I was logged in as administrator.

The additional data field is a 3 character code.

1) We added an additional column to the actual database table.

2) In Universe Designer, I refreshed universe structure and could see the additional column

3) Created an object 'Acode' that refers to db.new_field

4) Exported universe

Maybe worth mentioning that I can see this object and use it in reports fine in Infoview.

Now, I need to create a new object that will be one of 2 strings based on the 3 character code (Acode) i.e. the 'Atype' can be X or Y.

Here's my code and it just will not parse:

CASE

WHEN @Select(AFolder\Acode) = 'CEL'

THEN 'X'

ELSE u2018Yu2019

END

Error I get is:

Parse failed:Eception:DBD ODBC SQL Server driverStatement could not be prepared.State 42000

I'd appreciate any help, believe me I have searched the forums!

Thanks, Eddie

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Did you try creating an SQL SELECT statement with this case statement and execute it directly on SQL Server? Remember to replact @Select() with actual table field. I think that will be the best way to get the syntax right.

former_member283700
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes indeed. After all that, by running the actual SQL in query analyser, I discovered it was Word that changed the apostrophy '

Thanks for you help

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member793810
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at following SAP NOtes.

Regards,

Bashir Awan