Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hybrid mobile applications(Offline+Online) for SAP Standard Client

former_member208564
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have scenarion to build an application for standard netweaver mobile client using java webdynpro (CE 7.1). The application is for capturing sales orders and store locally. When they are synchronized with netweaver mobile, then they will be created in SAP. Application should also have online price check, before creating an order. So can you please tell me how could i achieve this. Is it possible to build offline + online application for standard netweaver mobile client.

Regards,

Kiran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kiran,

You are creating a webdynpro mobile application or some java application like jsp or swing based on top on SAP mobile Webdynpro client.If you are using JSP mobile application then you can create a online mobile webdynpro application and then hardcode the url of online webdynpro application in your mobile application home page.

Thanks & Regards

Devendra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In standard Mobile client (default channel) in NW Mobile does not have synchronous backend access currently.

Synchronous BE read,search and update is possible as part of Mobile gateway(the channel used for building applications like Mobile sales and Mobile inbox in partnership with sybase).

In future this feature may be integrated with default channel (std mobile client) as well..but not available currently.

Regards,

Liji

former_member208564
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Liji,

Thanks for the reply. I would like to know is there any alternative way to acheve the same. Calling your sync API (post and get) in a webdynpro screen, where we need this functionality.

Regards,

Kiran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Sync API might not help in this scenario,Unless some special handling of routing the direct BE call from client is done in DOE, I guess its difficult to achieve currently with default channel but possible with Mobile gateway. May be you can think in the lines of doing a direct call to BE using JCO or so .

Regards,

Liji

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Liji,

how do you think to make an RFC connection from a mobile device?

what DLL you can install on a handheld?

Regards,

Alessandro.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alessandro,

Maybe you can expose the RFC as WebService and consume it on your mobile application. On this way, you won´t need to add any DLL on your device, as well as adding JCO libraries.to MI Client.

I hope it can help you.

Regards,

Bruno