cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS connector for KM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus

I am trying to implement BP DMS connector for KM but I am getting an error when "Document Explorer" tab is clicked.

"Connection Failed: Connection setup failedConnection Failed: Nested Exception. Failed to get connection. Please contact your admin."

We have applied BP PLMWUI patch level4 in r/3 side and BPPLMWD05_0-10005854.zip on portal. R/3 level is EHP 4 and portal is NW 701 SP4(This is the info I got from our Basis guy).

I have checked the forum links to see configuration and everything seems ok but still I am getting the error.

Secondly I wanted to know whether we can have search facility in DMS on portal without trex. If so then how can it be done?

Our requirement is DMS functionality but it has to be web based. What other options do I have?

Please help!!!!

Regards

Preeti

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Instead of TREX which is used to search within the files you can use the search tab under Document explorer which is quite comprehensive. You can create variants and use the search tab.

At this moment you are getting the error for document explorer, once the basis error is resolved, the search tab can be used for document find.

Another option is you can enable ITS to access DMS thru web or Web DMS - if your requirements are general access to DMS.

PLM 7 is there but requires license and configurations.

Anirudh,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anirudh

We are still getting the error. When we try with another system (which doesnt have PLM 7.0 component and is on EHP 3 level), it works fine.

We have same parameters maintained on our system also. The only difference is that when we test connection from portal, the 3rd test i.e. Connector test fails. i.e. there is single signon error. Is single signon required for KM???

Can you give hints to resolve this error?

Thanks.

Regards

Preeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Preeti,

Yes,SSO(Single Sign-On) is needed. For configuration steps, browse the below link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/32/2a840d132af04fa2f0b31ebf3e8a78/content.htm

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

martin_bachmann
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

just for clarification - it seems that there are several topics mixed in this post:

- KM - DMS Integration. Here the SAP DMS is integrated via repository manager interface into the KM inside the Enterprise Portal. As there are some limitations inside the the repository manager (performance, number of handled objects, ...) it is not developed further.

- PLM 7 WebUI: the WebUI comes without requirement for EP, it is realized directly from the ABAP AppServer via WebDynpro ABAP. Only requirement is a TREX server. The WebUI for documents is part of the yearly maintenance, no extra license required. If required, there is also for the EP a BP available. But this integrates not into KM.

More details on PLM 7 WebUI are on BPX -> PLM.

Martin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Pradeep, it was single sign on error only..We reimported the certificates and now the error is resolved.

But I am facing another problem. There is no search iview visible. How do I get it? I read somewhere that 3 predifined iviews come with the DMS connector, but we are not able to get it. Can you tell me from where to get them? The link for information is

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata//EN/0f/6be4a34c47844284ab8102489dc3e2/frameset.htm

I cannot create folders in KM variant under dynamic folder, but I am able to create in own folder. Is this the standard functionality? Or can we create documents in KM_<variant> folder in portal too?

@Martin: Thanks a lot for your reply. of the multiple posts, I'll stick to DMS here...PLM shifted to another post in PLM forum.

Regards

Preeti

Former Member
0 Kudos

In that case, your portal consultant will enable you

1. to make the search i-view visible and assign it to the necessary Workset & Role for display in the front end &

2. provide the necessary authorizations for you to create the folders in KM

Regards,

Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar

Edited by: Pradeepkumar Haragoldavar on May 17, 2010 7:20 AM

Answers (0)