Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to send local e-Invoicing format as Idoc

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear sirs,

I would like to ask you about a translation of a local e-inv format into the Idoc.

What are the problems:

- this standard was published by a local government and probably is not compatible in any other format used by "ordinary" (adn sane) SAP people

- this standard appears in two version: I can get the invoice as XML file or as a ZIP archive which consist of the XML file and the attachments

- the processing should be asynchronous and we´re expected to use IDocs

I wonder:

- how can I send the Idoc with attachments? I am not aware of anything like this

- if that is not possible (most likely) how would you solve the requirement with as little effort as possible? Would you send the ZIP into ABAP and process it in the ERP system? Some proxies? Or can you come up with some way how to achieve the same? Because I don´t understand how can I send&attach the attachments to the backend where the Idoc didn´t have to be processed yet and I don´t have a document number to associate the files with.

Hope I don´t ask a crazy question:))

thank you for your time and effort, regards Otto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do you have a middleware / service bus in your landscape?

If so utilize this layer which can easily convert your input file to an IDoc and post it to SAP.

Else you can also look at developing a report that will parse the input file and then create the IDoc.

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The attachments are like pictures, PDF files etc. (invoice originals before converting into this local e-inv standard). How can I convert the file into an Idoc? I didn´t know that is possible. Thank you, Otto

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> The attachments are like pictures, PDF files etc. (invoice originals before converting into this local e-inv standard). How can I convert the file into an Idoc? I didn´t know that is possible. Thank you, Otto

in case your landscape has PI then go for an ABAP proxy

some inputs can be found here - /people/michal.krawczyk2/blog/2006/04/19/xi-rfc-or-abap-proxy-abap-proxies-with-attachments

also regarding conversion of a file to IDoc etc, specific tools (middleware, ESBs) are used to do such transformations and routing

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you have PI middleware with you, you can take source XML and map it to relevent IDoc, and send this IDoc to ERP. This is very simple.

else

you have to some proxy priogramming to read Source XML file and place it in to ERP file folder then write some programm to process it further.

Regards,

Raj

OttoGold
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Looks like my problem is not clear. The problem is not with the XML of course. The problem is with the attachments. I think I cannot bundle any file attachments into the Idoc. And cannot send Idoc first, then send the attachments and pray there was no problem with the Idoc processing AND what is the number of the business document created from Idoc.

Thank you anyway. Any hints regarding the files? Otto

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

i am not sure if you can have attachments in IDocs.

you can try to code an ABAP proxy in case of PI in the landscape.

ABAP proxies can accept attachments.

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Idocs do not support attachments. So this shouldn't be an option for you.

Go for abap proxy with attachments. Processing on attachments can then be done in R3.

Regards,

Prateek