Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification on how the QAS import works in ChaRM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Project phase is "Development with release"

Can you help me to clarify how the import process to QAS should work in ChaRM for normal requests?

I can see in the task list that the transport copies are created with I go through either the Test Transport or Development Complete actions

That is great - however right now nothing gets actually imported to QAS, the transports are sitting on the queue but don't go anywhere.

So far the only way I have managed to process the queue is to manually schedule the Import (background) from the task list.

So.... Am I supposed to have a "Import Transport Request (Background)" scheduled to run every few minutes to process any transport copies that are created?

What is the purpose of "Import Transport Request (Transaction)"? When I tried to use this it complained it couldn't find the maintenance cycle !!

I was under the impression that when the Test Transport action or Development complete actions were performed the create copy AND import were supposed to happen - have I just misunderstood??

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The transports in a normal correction have to be manually transported via the task list for the project.

Miguel_Ariño
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello,

- The import is supposed to be triggered manually by the IT operator, so it is intended to be manual and part of another role.

- There is no need to schedule the import every few minutes, how many times do you do the phase change or create corrections in a single normal correction?

- you ask:" What is the purpose of "Import Transport Request (Transaction)"? " Come again? If you mean the import action from the SDMJ, it is possible that the error you get is because with the action the SDMN is sought but not found.

- For a detailed step by step explanation of the normal correction process, you may check the SDN blogs /people/dolores.correa/blog/2009/07/23/change-request-management-scenario-working-examples and the rest of the 'working examples' series by Dolores Correa.

Best regards,

Miguel Ariñ

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have read Dolores blog and now realise that this is a manual process. I think I was fooled by how the emergency correction works.

The question about the (transaction) verses (background) import transport task was around the fact that the background one works just fine but the transaction one fails. I guess I should just stick to background.