Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS not considering GR time

thamizhchelvan_gunasekara
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

I run PPDS heuristics and detailed scheduling , the availablity date of orders not considering the GR processing time, for example the process time is 2 days and 1 day GR processing time. The orders start on 13th and Finish on 15th ,where as the operations also start on 13th and finish on 15th.

If the operation start on 13th and finish on 15th then availablity date should be 16th , pl guide me to is there any thing i am missing.

Thanks and regards

Thamizh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizhchelvan,

Did you assign the handling resource to the location on the resources tab?

Best Regards,

Mike

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While we maintain GR processing time in location product master, we have following thing to check at.

To enable the scheduling of the goods receipt for Production Planning and Detailed Scheduling PP/DS, you must have specified a handling resource in the master data for the location.

A day in PP/DS corresponds to 24 working hours. This means that if the handling resource is a time stream resource (single/multi-level resource), the resource has to be available 24 hours a day so that the goods receipt actually only takes one day. If the availability of the resource is less than 24 hours (for example, due to breaks), a goods receipt processing time lasting one day can be spread over several days.

Please check and confirm.

Regards

Datta

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have maintained handling resource and time stream is also maintained , however GR processing time is not considered.

Thanks and regards

Thamizh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope you have maintained Inbound handling resource and not outbound handling resource in the location master.

Apart from the above, please also check that the resource is available in LiveCache.

A simple way to do this, is to go in change mode in resource , change some parameter(like description), Save, again change back the parameter , save.

If you want similar GR time in SAP R/3 and APO, then create a handling resource with infinite capacity planning and 24 hrs workig time( standrad capacity from 00:00 to 24:00 ).

Pleae refer to OSS note 324483 : APO-CIF: Goods processing time

Regards

Datta

Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

The GR processing time in considered in GR activity (in recipe at phase auto GR control key is assigned).

Thanks

Thamizh

dhiraj_talukdar2
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Thamizh,

Did it solve your problem ? I have another similar issue here. We tried 3 days GR time for a material and it came over to APO. After we deleted all planned orders we looked at dependent demands and the components are still becoming due on the day of the assembly start date. GR time did not place a gap between the component production order finish date and the coupling assembly order start date. Any idea ?

Thanks and Regards,

Dhiraj