cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP WebGUI on Blackberry Browser

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Our company has set up its own Blackberry Enterprise Server, and as a result all company Blackberry devices can now access local network addresses. I have been trying to access the WebGUI on the local blackberry browser but without any luck. After the logon screen an HTTP 504 error is generated, and when I check the details, the error message says "Browser not supported"

I'm wondering if anyone has tried to do this before and experienced this problem. I tried downloading Opera Mini as well but it wouldn't access local addresses.

We're on ECC 6.0 with integrated ITS. I have tested the ITSMOBILE00 service and it's working fine. Accessing the WebGUI from a local computer also works fine but the problem arises when using the Blackberry browser. Would appreciate any tips/helps.

Thanks,

-Z-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

cris_hansen
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hello Zain,

Unfortunately the WEBGUI cannot be accessed through mobile devices. You can use the ITSmobile framework to develop your mobile applications. You can check the supported screen elements in SAP note 1037715. You can also have a look at SAP notes 1093513 and 1070064.

I hope this helps.

All the best,

Cristiano

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cristiano,

Thanks for the quick reply. I have checked out those notes and they are helpful. However, I'm still a little puzzled as to why the browser on a mobile device won't work. I have javascript enabled and allowed javascript popups as well. Does it have to do with the screen size limitation or will the HTML pages just not render on the mobile browser? Any clarification you might provide would be extremely useful.

Also, I was looking into the "Generate template for mobile devices" option. We have a number of customized reports that our users would like to be able to view from their blackberry devices. Will those report have to be modified so that only supported screen elements are incorporated? And can functionality such as PR/PO release etc. be done using standard template generation or will specific applications have to be developed for them?

Thanks,

-Z-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Zain Alvi,

Go trough the steps of this Article. It explains all what you need to do:

[Implementation Warehouse Management for Mobile Devices Using ITS|http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/index?rid=/library/uuid/0026c5f5-0eca-2c10-25a3-c0ed87478812&prtmode=print]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Marko,

Thank you for the excellent help. However, my question is slightly different this time - does a specific application need to be created to allow users to release PRs/POs or view ABAP reports or is there a standard way to achieve this. I have generated HTML templates and created services for 2 different ABAP reports. However, they do not show results past the selection screen. Can you provide any assistance?

Thanks,

-Z-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

I don't have any experience particularly with the topics you mentioned.

But in general see this [link|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap%28bD1lbiZjPTAwMQ==%29/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=1037715] for supported screen elements in ITSmobile.

If your report is using ALV grid then see [here|http://wiki.sdn.sap.com/wiki/display/HOME/FeaturesandImprovements] for more help and search the forum for additional info on this topic.

+ be sure to use "Mobile Devices without HTML Tables" generator.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Marko,

I have seen the supported screen elements SAP note but I'm still a little confused. I'm using an ALV grid to output data for a specific date entered by the user. What happens is that when a date is entered and the report executed in the HTML version, the page simply refreshes and no output is generated. If I remove the selection screen and have the report simply display the data for the current date, the program generates an ALV list error. I will try the suggestion in the link you provided and get back to you.

I'm still new to this and there seems to be very little help available on ITS mobile. I have a few questions and would appreciate if you could provide any answers.

1. Can a standard transaction/program be accessed from a mobile device simply by generating its HTML templates or does a custom application need to be developed?

2. What steps are required to execute and view an ABAP/customized report on a mobile device? How are parameters entered at the selection screen on a mobile passed to the program and how should results be displayed to be viewable on the mobile device.

3. Are there any specific training manuals/help guides with detailed info on this topic?

Once again, any help you can give me would go a long way.

Thanks

-Z-

Answers (0)