cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smart Form Issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a issue in SF. I am developing SF with multiple pages. It Just a text contains more than 5 pages. When i am creating second page its not triggering. As i am using only template in main window of first page. and having same width in both main windows of both pages.

I had set -

>Page1 Next Page Attribute as Page2

Page2 as Page2

If i will use Command node how can i use....infact i used it...but not working..

Coomand node in mainwindow of page1 ---> go to next page ...>Page2

still not working....can anyone?

Edited by: priya tavanam on May 13, 2010 12:40 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Priya,

Can you confirm if i understand you correctly - you are using 'template' in main window to display text (5 pages long) on the first page? If so, the reason why the second page is not triggered, its because template has fixed size (width and height) and if text exceed its size it is simple cut. Next page is triggered if you use element with variable size, eg table, or text element.

Thus i recommend remove 'template', and paste the text directly into text node in the Main window of the first screen. You do not need any command node etc.

Regards,

MC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Actually Text means not continuous 5 pages of text. I had given by hard copy which contains text in table format. so i have to use either template or table. As i know the exact values(texts) , i used template. I cannt use simple textnodes bez text should appear in some format. Hope u understood my problem...how can i trigger 2nd page when i used template in main windows.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your format is static, why are you using a MAIN window? A main window is for variable data, and it is not mandatory to have one in the form.

Create 5 pages with secondary windows and design your templates. Page1 next page is Page2, Page2 next page is Page3 and so on. It should work.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Very Very Thank you to Everybody.......And......NIck Young Thank u verymuch...though the reply is late i solved my problem by u r solution...Thanks a lot...and...one more problem is :

when i reached to Page5 and next page is page5 right?

But it showing error as ... A page without a main window cannot point to itself as next page....so wht to do? just can i create a main window and left likt tht inorder ro escape the error ...or...any other solution..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Next window for Page5 is blank. The field is not mandatory, and if it is blank the form just stops.

Regards,

Nick

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You very much Nick Young...i Soved it...

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

prakashjasti
Contributor
0 Kudos

Here the problem is if the main window data extends then only the next page

will trigger.

if u use a template in main window then there will be no chance to extend

So use table instead of template.

Regards,

Prakash.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Priya,

IF you just want to display only the five page text, then simply create a text node in main window and paste the same. I recommend, create a standard text and assign the same to the text node.

If you any issue in implementing the same, please let me know so that we can check a parallel solution.

Regards,

Selva K.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly... Thank you for u r response...

My problem is not regarding Text....regarding page triggering...why its not triggering and wht to do for triggering...