cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Like profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I was wondering if you could my problem.

I have a product P1. I would like to create a new product P2. Product P2 has not any value. I would like to create the demand forecast of the P1 using the historical data of P1.

I would like historical data is the same for P1 an P2.

I have created profil Like andI use P1 as reference product.

I select "Lifecycle Planning Active" in Maintain Forectas Profile.

When I create a forecast demand for P2 in Planning Book, system has not historical data and system can not create forecast.

I do not know what I must do.

Please help me.

Thank you in advance for your help.

anka

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anka,

You can create a macro to copy the forecast values generated

for P1 and write it against P2 forecast values by running the

macro once the forecast for P1 is generated.

Regards

R. Senthil Mareeswaran.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

With Life cycle planning functionlity you should be in a position to get forecast generated for Product P2 from history of P1 product.

A modest advise to have a fresh look at the step by step process at following URL of SAP Help:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/8f/9d6937089c2556e10000009b38f889/frameset.htm

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your answer.

Do I need always use a functional "Phase-In/Phase-Out Profiles" or not, when I use Like Profile?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Regards

anka

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not necessary to use Phase-In / Phase u2013out if you have like profile defined.

Lifecycle planning in SAP APO consists of two functions, like modeling and phase-in/phase-out modeling.

We need to create like profiles and assign them to characteristic values combinations as described in Creating "Like" Profiles and Assignment of Lifecycle Profiles documentation. When starting a forecast we do not have to undertake any additional steps to start like modeling.

Regards

Datta

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thank you very much.

Now, It is ok.

Regards,

anka