Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal User exception required from parameter password expiration time

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I am in puzzle, hope you guys can suggest me:

In portal, I am using a user for different web services. And in my portal, password expiration time is set to 90 days as a result after 90 days i have to change the password of this user. But as this user is getting used at a number of places so it is not possible to change its password and if I will do this it will be a big trouble.

So is there any way I can add this user to exception list so that I need not to change the password of this user ? e.g. In ABAP system if i change user type to system then it is not required to change password of this user. Is the same thing available in portal ?

Thanks

Sunny

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

Can you confirm what you are using as your UME (ABAP, Java DB etc)?

If using an ABAP system as the user store, you can change the "user type" to one for which passwords don't expire.

If using the Java DB as the user store, I think you can set the user to be a "technical user" in the security policy field in the portal "User Administration" page. I found this page:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/49/bf6e8101755d5de10000000a421937/frameset.htm

Hope this helps!

Steve.

sunny_pahuja2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks a lot for your replies.

My system is standalone Java system with ume is java system only.

As far as technical user is concerned, If I am changing user type of existing user it is disable password field then what will happen that password i have given earlier.

Thanks

Sunny

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I dont think it will disable.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/43/f5e4b56b494c5de10000000a155369/frameset.htm

You can try in DEV create a dialog user change its type later to technical and then try with old password it should work, i hope .

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

I agree. I think you should be able to just edit the User, select a security policy of "Technical User" and save, leaving the password setting as they are.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sunny,

I have used the "technical user" suggestion from Steve lot of times before. It works without changing the old password.

Cheers...,

Raghu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos
JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Whats your UME datasource?...

Regards

Juan