cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Context object in Receiver Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to use context object in receiver determination for routing messages to different receivers. From help document , I know that certain context objects are already present. Can we create our own context object in ESR and how?

I am using PI7.1

Thanks,

Neelansha

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member200962
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How to craete Context Objects is even mentioned in help.......see it in the Service Interface section.

Regards,

Abhishek.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neelansha,

You can create a context object for only a request message(source), i.e, if you have a very deep nested structure then

you can use context objects which contains the XPath expression of your request message.

Can we create our own context object in ESR and how

For steps to create- go to context object - create new-->select type (int,string..)-

go to your source Service interface-click on context obj tab-select the element to which you want to assign the context obj name

refer activities mentioned in this help link

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/d6/e44fcf98baa24a9686a7643a33f26f/frameset.htm

/people/prasadbabu.nemalikanti3/blog/2006/09/20/receiver-determination-based-on-the-payload-of-input-dataextended-xpathcontext-object

please note that you have to choose interface pattern as Stateless (XI 3.0 Compatible) ,otherwise you will not be able to see the context object in Receiver determination editor.

I found the standard context objects very useful and i think we can sometimes avoid using the dynamic configuration

i have used the file name context object in expression editor in receiver determination to create a condition for routing the messages to two different Business services.

Regards,

Srinivas

balaji_pichaimuthu
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Normally when we specify some condition in receiver determination ,we have to give element with whole path (XPATH). say like "Sender_MT/Record/item/field1". But you can replace the this whole path with context say like "fields1". Then in assing the context object in side your reciever determination condition instead XPATH..you can assign the context for a particular field in service interface.

regards,

Balaji

Edited by: Balaji Pichaimuthu on May 13, 2010 3:37 PM

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

Can we create our own context object in ESR and how?

> I am using PI7.1

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi711/helpdata/en/e3/33ec57bfbc4cc4b17a96af3f4a0691/frameset.htm