cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hw to restrict Item frm reappearing in Returns ord which returned already.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Gurus,

I have a sales return scenario in which I make a return sales order with the reference of original sales order.

accordingly i have maintained the copy control also. Scenario is doing well. But one query is there which i have fix now.

Scenario.

I create a sales order for two different items with different quantities. say material A and B with 5 and 6 quantity respectively.

Now i want to create a return for item A for all the quantity ie 5. so accordingly i create a return sales order w r to original sales order for Item A and quantity 5. Then i make return delivery also. with all these activities everything is fine.

Now i have a requirement where i have to make another return order for second item 'B' also so when I go to VA01 and gives order type "RE" system asks me for reference sales order so i provide the same sales order number then pop up message comes that there is already a return of item '0001' (ie Item A in this case) for quantity 5. After pressing enter system will take us inside the order where I can see the Item A also with the blank quantity field. so i need to delete the item line of material A first.

if dint deletete it and enter some quantity manually for item A system accepts it and allow all the further processing which is wrong.

Here i want the system should not reappear any of sales order item for which the full quantity is returned already.

Reappearing the fully returned item will create wrong practices So please tell me how can I restrict these items from reappearing into the return order.

I have maintained the Copy control for OR to RE is as follows for itm catg - TAN .

DataT 151 General item data

DataT 102 Bus.data/item compl.

DataT 002 Partner item

FPLA 0

X - Update document flow

Cont. item copy mode

Copy product select.

Configuration

Pos./neg. quantity

Copy quantity

Pricing type G

Where and what change i should make to fix the above issue please guide me. Thanks in advance for ur suggestions.

regards,

Sanju

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mr Sanjay

If your issue is solved, then kindly close the thread and share your feedback.

Thanks & Regards

JP

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
I make a return sales order with the reference of 
      original sales order.

No it is not recommended. You should always create a return order referencing the commercial invoice and not the sale order. So have copy controls accordingly.

i want the system should not reappear any of sales order
     item for which the full quantity is returned already.

If you modify your copy controls as suggested, this issue will not arise.

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Wat u can try is to modify the Data Transfer routine.

Infact copy the existing one & make changes in it.

In the Data Transfer routine add a simple check that if an item is alreay having a RE order then do not copy it. Use the help of an ABAPER for this.

regards

jpfriends079
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In a simple way what you can do is:

Use Tcode. VA01

1. provide the sales doc type for RETURN in "Create Sales Order: Initial Screen"

2. click "Create with Reference" button

3. provide desired sales order number under "Order:Tab"

4. click "Selection List" button.

5. select all the desired material and provided the desired quantity there.

6. after selection, click "Copy" button.

Thanks & Regards

J Prakash

Edited by: J Prakash on May 13, 2010 1:59 PM