cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hot key(Ctrl+F1) for More field help not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am facing a strange problem. When I have run my WD application there will be some UI elements on the browser say one Input field. If I want to check the More information about this input field, I have to make a right mouse click on it and the More field help appears. By this I am getting the technical information about the UI element.

The Hot key to do this is Ctrl+F1. It's not working with in my server, it's just open the Internet explorer Help. Although I am able to use this Hot key in an other server to find the More field help.

Can anyone suggest me why I am not able to get the More field info from the Hot key Ctrl+F1 in my server. Is there any setting which needs to be made in my server.

I have also tried out to check the HandleHotKeys property of the ROOTUIELEMENTCONTAINER in my view but it's not working for me as well.

Please suggest what will be the reason.

Thanks

Sanket sethi.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Are both servers NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 1? The feature for hot keys didn't come until NetWeaver 7.01.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

The server details for the server in which I am able to use the Hot key is as below:

SAP_ABA 700 0009 SAPKA70009 Cross-Application Component

SAP_BASIS 700 0009 SAPKB70009 SAP Basis Component

The other server, in which I am not able to do so, the details are as below:

SAP_ABA 701 0005 SAPKA70105 Cross-Application Component

SAP_BASIS 701 0005 SAPKB70105 SAP Basis Component

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

And those sever details confirm what I said - one system is NetWeaver 7.0 and the other is NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 1. The hotkey feature was new in NetWeaver 7.0 Enhancement Package 1.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your reply.

I just go to the Menu path System > status. And from there I got this server information. Do you want some more server details?

If so, plase tell me how I can get these information from my SAP server.

Also please suggest that in 7.1 the hot key feature is not avilable?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

Your right, I was thinking the opposite - that it wasn't working in 7.0.

Perhaps this change is becuase F1 now launches the Help Center as of 7.01 and higher.

I'm not sure there is a hot key associated with the more field help any longer. I checked the javaScript and F1 is tied to the "help" event (the help center). Alt, Shift or Ctrl - F1 are all routed back to the browser help functionality (bHelp). See this screenshot:

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1382/4606421952_5824ee1507_o.png

Former Member
0 Kudos

So that means in 7.1 onwards the Hot key functionlity is not working for now?

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

7.01 and higher - yes the code I found in the JavaScript would seem to indicate that this is intentional. I tested in my 7.02 system and in the foundation developemnt system and they all act the same way as your 7.01 system. I suspect that this was done for several reasons - 1.) to accomidate the new Help Center via F1 2.)Cross browser compatibility 3.)Consistency via the Lightspeed UR for WDA and WDJ.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi SANKET SETH,

in your application parametes pass WDLIGHTSPEED = X and try .

regards,

chinnaiya P .